Special guest: Dr. Hisao Ishigaki.
After the great success of our 2011 Tenkara Summit in West Yellowstone, and the multiple requests for a new event in 2012, we decided it was time to start planning the 2012 Tenkara Summit! We will count on the special support of the Tenkara Guides of Utah to coordinate the event in their homewaters.
Day 1, July 28:
150 South Fort Douglas Boulevard (Bldg 649), Salt Lake City, Utah
9AM - 10:30AM Speakers (2)
10:30 - 12:00PM Clinics (3-5 clinics, 20 minutes each, different topics, allowing for rotation)*
12:00 - 1:00 PM Lunch*
1:00 - 2:30 PM Speakers/Panel
2:30 - 3:00 PM Raffle/Auctions*
3:00PM- GO FISHING! Guide trips may be available
* Vendors may be available for sales of unique items.
Day 2, July 29:
Location: TBD, Wasatch Mountains, within 1 hour's drive of SLC, nearer the towns of Heber or Midway.
9AM - 12:00PM On-Stream demonstrations
12:00 - 2:00 PM Lunch +
2:00 - Paid Clinics/ Guided clinics
The Tenkara Summit is a free event, sponsored by Tenkara USA.
Lunch is expected to cost approximately $10. Bring cash.
We are planning a few paid clinics for day 2.
Some items may be sold at the event.
University Guest House Hotel (2 minute walk to event!)
110 South Fort Douglas Blvd.
Salt Lake City, UT. 84113
$95/night, please mention you are with the "Tenkara Summit"
The second day portion of the event will be held within 1 hour's drive of SLC. Location to be determined the days before the event.
You may drive from SLC in the morning. Or, if you prefer to stay a bit closer to where we will be, you may stay in the towns of Heber or Midway.
1) Mueller Park (Mill Creek)
2) Jordan Pines (Big Cottonwood Creek)
3) Spruce Campground (Big Cottonwood Creek)
4) Redman (Big Cottonwood Creek)
5) Tanners Flat (Little Cottonwood Creek)
6) Albion Basin (Little Cottonwood Creek)
7) Jordanelle State Park (Provo River)
8) Granite Flat (American Fork River)
9) Little Mill (American Fork River)
10) Deer Creek State Park (Provo River)
All of the above can be found and reserved at www.reserveamerica.com by entering the area code 84102.
PURCHASE YOUR FISHING LICENSE AHEAD OF TIME
* We may have tenkara items for sale but can not guarantee availability of specific items. If you want something specific, please order and get it delivered to your home in advance!
* We strongly recommend you bring your own tenkara gear, and waders/wading boots for day 2. While we will have some demo rods, and you do not have to be in the water, having your own gear will allow you to take advantage of opportunities to learn more.
* Please make sure you sign up with a good email address as we will be sending updates about the event to your email.
For more information please contact us at email@example.com