If you broke your rod, please contact us first for instructions/troubleshooting and so we can find the quickest way to get your rod fixed. We can often send you only the necessary part, saving you time and money.
PLEASE EMAIL US AT INFO@TENKARAUSA.COM.
After we provide you instructions, please order this item to cover the shipping and handling charges to get your rod fixed. We will often send you the necessary part(s) only. Please note spare segments may be of a different color or finish than the parts being replaced.
If you're shipping the rod back to us, please include this REPAIR FORM.
Here's is how to replace the parts on your rod: PDF instructions
Write a review of this product.
page 1 of 1« previous pagenext page »
- Kevin Fricke says 1 out of 5 flies
- Slow service on a broken segment
- Location/type of places I fish: Colorado/small streams to rivers
- Let me start off by saying everyone I dealt with was very nice and tried to help. That being said it took 5 days to get the first part back, and it was the wrong parts from a different model than I ordered. When I called to correct the problem I was informed that it would be 4 days because Daniel(the owner of a company) was on vacation before something could be done. With no contact on the forth day I e-mailed tenkara usa and got a response back that he would ship out the part the next day. Ordered my original replacement on May 10th and got the right part on May 25th, much slower than I expected(could be that the company took a 4 day vacation on my time).
- posted May 26, 2012
- obeychad says 3 out of 5 flies
- Easier and less hassle just to buy the replacement part
- Location/type of places I fish: California lakes and streams
- After receiving all my fresh new gear from Tenkara USA I had to rush out and get wet. I took my new Amago to a local lake and on about the tenth cast the second segment of the tip broke. Just snapped in half. When I got here to the website to check out the warranty I noticed the procedure, kind of a PITA for something that seems so simple - but hey you have to weed people out somehow or you'll spend all day sending parts out to yahoos that abuse gear. That's the bad, the good it that it only cost me $7 to replace the entire three segment tip and it arrived in record time. At $17 and the filling out of a repair form it's simpler to just pay the $7 and buy the replacement segment outright.
I don't like the limit to one tip set per order though, considering my first outing with it wasn't all that inspiring. I would have purchased a couple.
- posted March 19, 2013
- jtimblin says 5 out of 5 flies
- Great product and Great service
- Location/type of places I fish: Rocky Mountains
- Over the last few years of fishing with my Iwana and Amago I have broken a couple of tip sections and a whole rod. In all cases this was really my own fault and if you fish enough with a 13 foot rod in the back country eventually you will probably do the same. In each case Tenkara USA provided me with replacement parts in a timely manner and at a cost I consider reasonable. Replacing a missing segment is very simple to do and it only takes a few minutes until your rod is as good as new.
- posted February 20, 2013
- ahaighton says 5 out of 5 flies
- Excellent service
- Location/type of places I fish: North Yorkshire, UK
- On Monday luchtime (public holiday) I broke my Iwana rod. By Monday evening I had exchanged e-mails with Tenkara USA, agreed which parts were needed and ordered them.
Today (Wednesday) the new parts have arrived.
This is wonderful customer service. Thank you.
- posted May 08, 2013
- jaypape says 5 out of 5 flies
- Outstanding Service
- Location/type of places I fish: Bozeman, MT, any stream possible
- After breaking 3 sections of my Iwana yesterday while fishing a local stream (my fault!) I checked into ordering the replacement sections. After emailing with John in customer service I learned that he in fact had the parts and lived just outside my home town of Bozeman. John even agreed to meet up with me in person so I could get back on the water. AND I had not even paid yet! Yeah my location had a lot to do with it but the personal delivery was over the top. Many thanks, John. I was back on the local waters in less than 24 hours!
- posted June 22, 2013
- Troutman3569 says 5 out of 5 flies
- Excellent service
- Location/type of places I fish: Mountain Streams
- I accidentally broke the last part of the Tip section while removing the Tenkara line from the Lillian. I completed the online return form and within a week had a new Tip section. They have a quick turn around time on claims. Someone was always available to answer my questions. The repair was easy and the next day caught a 21" Brown trout on my Ayu II. Honestly I thought I thought the Tip would break while landing the big fish. It didn't and worked well in bringing the fish to my net. Great rod for all types of fishing.
- posted June 27, 2013
- hannaar85 says 5 out of 5 flies
- Best Warranty Program Anywhere
- Location/type of places I fish: Colorado
- This is the best warranty not only in Tenkara or fishing, but out of any business I know. I broke my rod and emailed the team. Two business days later my segment arrived! I unfortunately requested the wrong segment, notified the team and with one day they had told me the correct onw was on the way. They didn't do a hold with more money on my card in case I hadn't sent the correct one back...but out of courtesy they sent me the correct one on good faith. Nice to know there is still a company out there who operates out of kindness rather than greed.
- posted October 03, 2013
- Daniel @ Tenkara USA says 5 out of 5 flies
- RESPONSE to Kevin Fricke
My sincere apologies for your experience with the repair of your rod.
Unfortunately, in an attempt to save time and money for our clients I had just created a new procedure for repairs where customers would not have to send us their rod and instead we'd send the parts needed. This was a new procedure, and due to some miscommunication I did send you the wrong part for your rod. My apologies.
We have not put a better system in place to continue saving time and getting our customers rods fixed more quickly.
- posted June 01, 2012
page 1 of 1« previous pagenext page »