****The tenkara forum will now use a separate login from the rest of the site. If you are an existing forum user, you may need to confirm or possibly create a new account. We will have limited support for the forum.****

Is Tenkara Expanding?

Going fishing? Take a tenkara angler :) Or take a western fly-angler, show them tenkara fly-fishing, and brag about how you caught 5x more fish than they did (if they didn't take your tenkara rod from you that is).

Is Tenkara Expanding?

Postby Stan Wright » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:35 pm

:D
I think it is, Look who's talking Tenkara...
:D
Upcoming Fly Fishing Programs:
Thursday, June 20, Austin Fly Fishers, Austin, TX: “Tenkara”. The meeting will be held at The Northwest Recreation Center, 2913 Northland Dr. (aka FM 2222).I will be tying traditional Sakasa Kebari flies at 6:00pm; meeting begins at 7:00pm. http://austinflyfishers.com/index.html
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story.
Stan Wright

Re: Is Tenkara Expanding?

Postby Tenkara Guides » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:20 pm

Our guide business is doing just fine. I think it is expanding. If it does stop expanding, we will probably feel the impact pretty quickly.

John
Tenkara Guides

Postby Paul_Vertrees » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:54 pm

I agree with John. Looks like we're quickly doubling the number of tenkara trips we booked last year. I'm in our fly shop daily when not guiding, and the tenkara products are going out the door on a steady pace. It's definitely expanding.
Paul Vertrees
Tenkara Guide
RIGS Fly Shop and Guide Service
Ridgway, CO
Paul_Vertrees

Postby Anthony » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:21 pm

i think you need to look for the redshift to determining if the tenkaraverse is expanding or not...
Ebisu (now retired), Iwana 11'ft (with additional short handle - also retired), Amago, Ito, Ayu II, Rhodo, Sato
Anthony

Return to Outings and Gatherings