Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Cloth cleaning selection

How to properly care and maintain the rod. <b>Rule #1- always push pieces straight in when closing the rod, NO SIDEWAY PRESSURE....</b>, etc.

Cloth cleaning selection

Postby David » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:08 pm

I have found that microfiber colths are exceptional at cleaning everything from windows, glasses, telescope tubes and everything else that needs small particle pick-up without scratching. I purchase mine through a science oriented outlet and use them to clean my astronomy equipment so I figure they will do well on my fishing rods and will make it less likely that I will experience stuck segments due to dirt. The main advantage they have is they do not leave lint behind and do not scratch like a regular cloth or towel would.
David

Re: Cloth cleaning selection

Postby jbenenson » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:11 am

As a professional (conventional) fly rod builder I use a microfiber cloth for cleaning everything: rods, reels, lines, etc. They are really outstanding for cleaning cork grips (even when you think that they're already clean). I buy mine in bulk at an auto parts store and supply one with every new rod that I build.

I don't think that a scientific-grade cloth is necessary for cleaning fishing equipment; I use Kimwipes for delicate cleaning.
--
I would like to have the modest contact with the nature in hope of continuing the beautiful streams forever

Yoshikazu Fujioka
jbenenson

Return to Gear Maintenance