The Tenkara USA Forum is no longer active, and is now a read-only resource. If you’re interested in current topics and discussions, please join us on the Facebook Tenkara Anglers group (link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenkara.anglers/)

Fishing Creek, PA

Trip reports, findings, events, and general experiences with tenkara fishing. Tell other tenkara enthusiasts about your tenkara experience

Fishing Creek, PA

Postby sholgate » Tue May 18, 2010 2:15 pm

Fished a great stream last weekend with my Ebisu, Fishing Creek. I caught 10 brook trout and 5 browns. All wild trout. The largest was around 13" but did not get a picture of it. Had a tough time taking some of the pictures. They were very lively and feisty.

I am beginning to believe that Tenkara may be appropriate for most fishing situations rather than for only small streams.
Steven Holgate
West Lawn, PA

Teacher and Trout Bum
sholgate

Re: Fishing Creek, PA

Postby solocanoe » Tue May 18, 2010 2:27 pm

beautful pics, Steven!

I agree on the pics - my first attempt had me balancing the fish on my leg, balancing in the canoe, trying to get the Yamame in the shot as well...and trying not to dunk! lol! :roll:

You've got the solution down I like with that net - and the ghost net is awesome.
Keep up the research!
-john
Lucky to get out. Whenever I can. Never enough. Romans 8:31
solocanoe

Return to Your Tenkara Experience