The Tenkara USA Forum is no longer active, and is now a read-only resource. If you’re interested in current topics and discussions, please join us on the Facebook Tenkara Anglers group (link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenkara.anglers/)

Love the new packaging

Discussion on tenkara rods

Love the new packaging

Postby Ron_Giesecke » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:58 pm

You know, I was just sitting around the other day, envisioning how in the world I was going to protectively pack my new Iwana rod into the Yosemite area, without looking like some poor, suffocating schlock in need of a Sherpa on a failed Everest ascent.

Me? I thought the new tubing was the same size, only clear and less aesthetic. I was wrong. That's what I get for assimilating the vague, anecdotal fumes of others.

My Iwana showed up about two hours ago, and I must say it: This will be the rod I take in when I head towards Half Dome. And I have a baked-in way to attach it to the mini-pack I'll have on my back without looking like a pathetic, Icarus wing set Beta-tester.

Once again: Tenkara USA. You do not fail to impress. Even your plastic bags are cool.

-Ron
Ron Giesecke,
Master Of None
See my film, Tenkara and the Man Card
Ron_Giesecke

Return to Tenkara Rods