The Tenkara USA Forum is no longer active, and is now a read-only resource. If you’re interested in current topics and discussions, please join us on the Facebook Tenkara Anglers group (link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenkara.anglers/)

Micro fishing?

Discussion on tenkara rods

Micro fishing?

Postby aaron508 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:53 pm

I was on another tenkara site, don't beat me over that! Lol
They have micro tenkara rods, does anyone have any experience with them? Seems like fun. Try to catch really little fish not big ones. Fun change of pace. The rods are about 6 feet long and I was wondering if I used half of my tenkara rod if that would work. I will try it and let everyone know how it goes. My fear is using half of one of my big rods. If I take it apart half way will it compromise the rod in any way?
aaron508

Re: Micro fishing?

Postby adventureR » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:59 pm

My Yamame works great for micro fishing. Sensitivity is great for micros. The longer length rod seems nice for keeping some distance from the wary little fish. Smaller even more delicate rods would be really fun. Like Tenkara micro fishing is fun!
¿ <•,^~~<
adventureR

Postby aaron508 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:01 pm

adventureR wrote:My Yamame works great for micro fishing. Sensitivity is great for micros. The longer length rod seems nice for keeping some distance from the wary little fish. Smaller even more delicate rods would be really fun. Like Tenkara micro fishing is fun!

I have iwana and yamame thinking about taking half the rod and trying that. The micro rods from what I can see, are just that. Some don't even have a handle.
aaron508

Postby farmer » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:36 pm

photo.JPG
Here's a micro fish I caught yesterday (not on purpose). I think it's a small bass. i was using my 12' Iwana (full length) at a local pond.
smally2.JPG
farmer

Postby troutrageous1 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:38 pm

Little guy had an appetite! Bet he bent you to the cork!
What size fly?
Mike Agneta
troutrageous.com
Tenkara Florida Facebook Group
Ayu II | Ebisu | Iwana 11' | Rhodo | Sato
troutrageous1

Postby farmer » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:44 pm

It was a 26 or 28, not sure. That's 5x tippet in the photos and it looks huge. Cute little guy. My wife has a beta that's bigger. She accused me of abusing a baby.
farmer

Postby aaron508 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:31 pm

farmer wrote:
photo.JPG
Here's a micro fish I caught yesterday (not on purpose). I think it's a small bass. i was using my 12' Iwana (full length) at a local pond.

That's awesome, I got some small flies the other day, can't wait to try it.
smally2.JPG
aaron508

Return to Tenkara Rods