The Tenkara USA Forum is no longer active, and is now a read-only resource. If you’re interested in current topics and discussions, please join us on the Facebook Tenkara Anglers group (link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenkara.anglers/)

Iwana 11'. Which is it??

Discussion on tenkara rods

Iwana 11'. Which is it??

Postby gmvecellio » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:06 pm

000336.jpg
I purchased another Tenkara USA rod; the Iwana 11' (not to be confused with the Iwana 12'). I wanted a very fine, very small-stream rod for small (4-8") fish. On this site the rod was identified as the most delicate rod for sale by Tenkara USA, and on the site's page on How to Choose the RIght Tenkara Rod it is billed as: "Most fishing done is small streams, with little overhead room".

So here's the rub: The paper taped around the rod when it arrives states "This is our large fish/large river rod". So.....

Which is it?
gmvecellio

Re: Iwana 11'. Which is it??

Postby narcodog » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:35 pm

Wrong wording on the paper I would guess. I have an 11ft and it is not a big fish rod. It works very well on what you want to fish.
narcodog

Postby tntom » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:37 pm

I have a Iwana 11 it's a great small stream rod. In fact I looking to buy a second one.

Tom
If you aint high sticking, you aint fishing hard enough.
tntom

Postby TJ @ Tenkara USA » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:01 pm

Was just a typo on the label is all. Some of the Amago content went on the description as the 11" Iwana is not out big fish rod like the Amago is.

TJ
Tenkara USA, Director of Customer Service

Tenkara Junkie - Tenkarajankī
Now sporting all of the Tenkara USA Rods!
TJ @ Tenkara USA

Postby gmvecellio » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:29 am

Thanks very much, TJ. I had a sneaky suspicion that was the case. Figured you'd want to know either way.
gmvecellio

Return to Tenkara Rods