Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Zimmerbuilt Guide Sling Review

What are the other ESSENTIAL pieces of equipment you carry with you? How do you pack? How do you hold your gear while fishing? Fly boxes? Snips? you tell us.

Zimmerbuilt Guide Sling Review

Postby craigthor » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Just received my Zimmerbuilt Guide Sling, Chest Pack, Strap Pack and Micro Pack from Chris over at Zimmerbuilt. All I have to say is OMG is this thing beautiful, and the multiple ways it can be configured makes it super verstile. I thought my Trailite Designs Stream Pack was great this is 5 steps up IMO. Think I will pass the Stream Pack on to my wife and the Guide Sling will be getting all the use from me. Now I just need to get a CamelPak water bladder and hose as it has a built in flap to bring the hose out from the pack.

On a plus note only 2 more days of work then I'm taking 9 days of vacation and so I will get some miles on this and post some updates as the week progresses.

Craig
craigthor

Re: Zimmerbuilt Guide Sling Review

Postby Tenkara Guides » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:14 pm

Glad you like the pack. A lot of thought went into every little detail. Rob probably lost a good amount of sleep working on the design. Most of this pack comes from Rob's ideas.

My pack is one of the prototypes that has over 100 days of fishing use. It shows no sign of wear and it gets thrashed on. Today for example, Erik and I were fishing in a pretty constant rain storm and nothing inside the pack was wet. It also makes a great bike pack, I use it for running around town on my single speed road bike.

There is more than enough room to carry iPad if you want to use it for everyday carry pack.

On the hydration bladders, if you use a Camelbak bladder, the plastic slot hook on the top of the bladder hooks onto the daisy chain on the shoulder strap through the hose slot on the top of the pack. I use a 70 oz. bladder and there is still tons of room in the pack for other gear.

Zimmer really does a nice job on his construction, world class gear. If you wonder why the pack is kind of expensive, Chris builds each one himself and he says it takes about 6 hours to make each pack. It doesn't look like it on the surface but it is a very complex design to sew together.

The Tenkara Guides crew are working on several other tenkara specific projects/products so keep your eyes peeled in the upcoming year for more cool stuff to roll out. The Guide Sling Pack is just the beginning!

John
Attachments
DSC_2394.JPG
Guide Sling Packs in action on guided trips.
Rob
DSC_2382.jpg
Guide Sling Packs in action on guided trips
John
Tenkara Guides

Return to Add-on gear