Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

DELETE PLEASE

What are the other ESSENTIAL pieces of equipment you carry with you? How do you pack? How do you hold your gear while fishing? Fly boxes? Snips? you tell us.

DELETE PLEASE

Postby CJOttawa » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:39 am

PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD.
Last edited by CJOttawa on Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.
CJOttawa

Re: Patagonia Stealth Atom sling

Postby tejplunkett » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:03 pm

Wheres da rod man? :!:
tejplunkett

Postby CJOttawa » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:41 pm

please delete
Last edited by CJOttawa on Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CJOttawa

Postby narcodog » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:58 pm

That's tooo much stuff, I'd get tired carrying all of that all day.
narcodog

Postby CJOttawa » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:25 pm

please delete
Last edited by CJOttawa on Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CJOttawa

Postby craigthor » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:10 pm

I really like my Traillite Designs Stream Pack. I have an extra pouch and 2 zingers. Here is what I carry:

Left Pouch - #3 level line and 6x Tippet
Right Pouch- Bamboo Fly box with half a dozen Amano Kebaris and line spool
Carry my Ti Net and Ebisu in the holders on the back, and can keep a water bottle, snack and rain jacket in the pack. Typically I travel sans rain jacket.

Craig
craigthor

Postby narcodog » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:50 pm

CJOttawa wrote:
narcodog wrote:That's tooo much stuff, I'd get tired carrying all of that all day.

It's interesting to hear what people carry with them on river.

I have to carry water and food - a snack or lunch. Most of that could fit in pockets I suppose but I strongly prefer to have a packable rain jacket too.

There are waist and chest packs that would hold all that but I prefer the weight on my shoulder.

What do you bring with you narcodog?

I use a lanyard with two spools of tippet, nippers and a chamois fly dryer. I also carry a emergency whistle and a very small LED light. In one pocket I carry a small compartmental box. In the other shirt pocket an energy bar or two. On my wader belt a bottle of VitaminWater. If it appears to be a rainy day I'll wear a light weight Orvis rain jacket. Oh, I never wet wade so I always have a wader belt with a staff attached.
narcodog

Postby BrianMiller » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:46 pm

Experienced western fly angler, new to Tenkara. I often spend 5-8 hours fishing Northwest remote streams. I have a Fishpond 1500 cu. in. pack/chestpack combo that is just too big for most outings, and I prefer having my chest area clear to see where I’m wading. Some time ago I picked up a mint first generation (2012-2014) 7 liter Patagonia Stealth Atom shown in the video above off eBay (without the external straps) that worked nicely for short day trips in warmer summer weather. But the shoulder seasons can have unpredictable weather. Patagonia dealers are beginning to clear out the second generation (2015-2017) 15 liter Stealth Atom sling pack with the straps to carry a(n extra Tenkara) rod at almost 50% off so I bought one. Along with fishing tackle, lunch, snacks, and a Sawyer water filter bottle or LifeStraw, I can now carry a very light rain jacket, warm fleece Inca cap, Space Blanket, a minimalist first aid kit, and even my Korkers bar cleat soles that I can change into from the non-studded Kling-On soles if there is a long hike in. The straps securely hold a rod but I will likely sew a mesh pocket on the panel with the straps for added security. I drilled a small hole in the handle of my Shimano Tamo to thread some 1.1mm Dyneema cord through making a loop, that I can larks-head a magnet net keeper through for attaching to the shoulder strap D ring. Everything is out of the way when fishing but I can get to all my stuff without taking the pack off. I find it VERY convenient.
The 7 liter Atom Sling is now relegated to shorter trips in good weather close to the car, and it’s Perfect for 4-season Sea-Run Cutthroat fishing on saltwater beaches .
BrianMiller

Return to Add-on gear