Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

This is so cool!!!!! Orvis to Sell Tenkara USA gear

Re: This is so cool!!!!! Orvis to Sell Tenkara USA gear

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Loften,
To begin with we decided to keep it simple and just offer the Iwana 12ft in a kit.
Simon,
No talks of them offering it in the UK at the moment.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Postby tsegelke » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:45 pm

Went into a local shop here in Sacramento which is also an Orvis Recognized dealer. They had a full display on one wall which included all of the lines, some flies and a display for each of the rods.

Everyone in the shop was very curious. It was hard to get out of the shop. The two attendants had done some casting but, neither had fished the rods yet (they have been unable to get a rod for themselves since the rods were selling faster than they can get them in). I was facing questions from all sides, and they just kept coming. By the time I escaped, there was only one rod left in the shop, and two people put their names on the next few rods that were to come into the shop.

What a rush to see and feel the excitement. The people working in the shop were so thankful for my input and tips, and everyone was trying to find times to meet and go fishing on some nearby creeks. What a change, usually people in this shop keep to themselves as if they all have great trade secrets. I much prefer everyone sharing and gathering like long lost friends.

What a difference Tenkara makes.
tsegelke

Postby TJ @ Tenkara USA » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:14 pm

tsegelke wrote:Went into a local shop here in Sacramento which is also an Orvis Recognized dealer. They had a full display on one wall which included all of the lines, some flies and a display for each of the rods.

Everyone in the shop was very curious. It was hard to get out of the shop. The two attendants had done some casting but, neither had fished the rods yet (they have been unable to get a rod for themselves since the rods were selling faster than they can get them in). I was facing questions from all sides, and they just kept coming. By the time I escaped, there was only one rod left in the shop, and two people put their names on the next few rods that were to come into the shop.

What a rush to see and feel the excitement. The people working in the shop were so thankful for my input and tips, and everyone was trying to find times to meet and go fishing on some nearby creeks. What a change, usually people in this shop keep to themselves as if they all have great trade secrets. I much prefer everyone sharing and gathering like long lost friends.

What a difference Tenkara makes.

Very cool! Thank you from Tenkara USA for helping spread that excitement.

I also checked out their display last week so nice that folks are supporting our local dealer.

TJ
Tenkara USA, Director of Customer Service

Tenkara Junkie - Tenkarajankī
Now sporting all of the Tenkara USA Rods!
TJ @ Tenkara USA

Postby dwalker » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:59 pm

Here you go. The Orvis page showing the Tenkara Kit.

http://www.orvis.com/store/product_directory_tnail.aspx?dir_id=758&group_id=759&cat_id=28955&subcat_id=28956

Are they only offering a kit or separate items too?
Tenkara is fundamental fishing fun
dwalker

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:57 pm

I thought it would be best that they sell it as a kit only to keep things simple.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Postby Flyannapolis » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:22 pm

I just ordered my TenkaraUSA Rod from Orvis today! I am very excited Orvis is marketing TenkaraUSA. I have been researching these rods for some time now, and have pulled the trigger. I have been dealing with Orvis for 25+ years and love the Great Service I get. I have rods, reels, line, leaders, clothes etc. and now have Tenkara on the way. I live in Alpharetta, GA, so anyone else who has a Tenkara in this area, let me know. :)
Flyannapolis

Previous

Return to Announcements from Tenkara USA