Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

My Hammock Camping Rant Video, by KdawgCrazy

Tenkara is a great type of fishing for backpacking and securing a meal when out in the woods. This forum discusses backpacking in general and how it relates ot tenkara: fish recipes, favorite spots, ultra-light backpacking

My Hammock Camping Rant Video, by KdawgCrazy

Postby Karl Klavon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:34 pm

My first and only hammock camping experiences were with the Hennsessy UltraLite Backpacker A-sym hammock, which I found to be problematic from the warmth, comfort and bulk standpoints but surprisingly weather tight in rain,hail, high winds and snow, but I went back to tents and sleeping on the ground. But with advancing age, sleeping on the ground is becoming increasingly more difficult and a lot less comfortable, so I am going to give the Warbonnet Ridgerunner bridge hammock a try. You can comfortably use pads in bridge hammocks, and the lay is also much flatter than it is in gathered-end Hammocks with no calf ridge factor as well. I also have a Marmot CBS down bag that I can convert into a full length Under Quilt, and I also have an 8 X 10' Sil-nylon tarp to test the B-hammock out with to see if it will work for me at minimal additional expense. This video was made before KdawgCrazy had tried a bridge hammock but it very accurately reflects most of the same experiences that I had with the Hennessy hammock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPmRekO0B1g
Karl Klavon

Re: My Hammock Camping Rant Video, by KdawgCrazy

Postby Karl Klavon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:53 pm

And here is an update video with the Warbonnet's Ridgerunner bridge hammock and their SuperFly Tarp, as well as with some interesting trail blueberry muffin baking footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjeDBpmu1gY
Karl Klavon

Return to Backpacking & Cooking