Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Grill, campfire, and canteen cup sites you may like

Tenkara is a great type of fishing for backpacking and securing a meal when out in the woods. This forum discusses backpacking in general and how it relates ot tenkara: fish recipes, favorite spots, ultra-light backpacking

Grill, campfire, and canteen cup sites you may like

Postby solocanoe » Sun May 02, 2010 5:11 am

**AWE, Geez! I just noticed Daniel said "essential Tenkara add-on gear" in this section...and I posted this in the wrong section - Daniel please move it where it needs to go - sorry! :roll:

I posted just a bit ago something on the grill - and my love of the common canteen cup. I was introduced to my canteen cup in the army in the 80's...It's my constant companion.

here's a good site - the videos are awesome - Rob took over from Dave who had the pathfinder school for so long:
http://www.canteenshop.com/

this next site is about how having a campfire really "makes" a trip - Its hard to add anything more to what Kirk says - He is a fellow canoeist and solo tripper, but his campfire "musings" are just awesome - great gear lists too:

http://www.thecampfireonline.com/

and if you do want a fire - you may want a grill to do the cool stuff on. The neat thing is that the Prucell Trench Grill is a backpackers friend - and it's SO light...and you can even cook on them - no pan needed! His site is FULL of reading about the outdoors, supporting the outdoors, and then some other stuff you may or may not agree with...policital, eco, etc...but his grills are AMAZING and SO strong. I have one and it will outlast me, that's for sure.

http://www.purcelltrench.com/

anyway, hope you find some joy in the sites and the reading....

-john
-john
Lucky to get out. Whenever I can. Never enough. Romans 8:31
solocanoe

Re: Grill, campfire, and canteen cup sites you may like

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Mon May 03, 2010 11:38 am

Thanks for posting these. Moved to the backpacking section.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Postby solocanoe » Mon May 03, 2010 1:07 pm

no problem, Daniel! Tenkara is wonderful. It's just a natural fit for anyone into simple pleasures.

To that end, perhaps some others here would benefit from some of the simple pleasures of those links.

-john
-john
Lucky to get out. Whenever I can. Never enough. Romans 8:31
solocanoe

Postby jdchaussee » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:37 pm

nice post solo! This is right up my ally and I've actually been looking around for a backpacking grill exactly like those. Thanks!!
-Justin C
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Tenkaraholic since 2009
Proud owner of:
Amago, Yamame, Ito
**Instagram: Tenkaraholic**
jdchaussee

Return to Backpacking & Cooking