Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Burgess Falls State Park TN

Tenkara is a great type of fishing for backpacking and securing a meal when out in the woods. This forum discusses backpacking in general and how it relates ot tenkara: fish recipes, favorite spots, ultra-light backpacking

Re: Burgess Falls State Park TN

Postby achilles38 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:31 pm

Great looking falls. A lot less water in the second round of pics. Its like the rivers out here in CA, much lower levels since the winter was so dry. Hiking to falls and fishing is always a blast. Here's a pic from where my family and I hiked and fished near Mammoth, CA (Rainbow Falls behind Mammoth Mtn) Great fishing upstream.

Jeremy
achilles38

Postby adventureR » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:19 am

I have visited this set of falls several times always with different levels of flow. We've had a wet few Winters and Springs here. The snow melt in your nexk of the woods makes for a much different envirment. Here it can get very dry, but most waters near me are controlled with dams.
The hike and fish in such a beautiful place is a recipe for happiness! I see you too know of this recipe Jeremy! A great picture!
¿ <•,^~~<
adventureR

Postby achilles38 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:31 am

The hiking is part of the reason I fell in love with tenkara. I can carry less gear, cover more trail/water, and be much stealthier when I fish. There's not much better than hiking/fishing 2-3 miles of a river, seeing all kinds of wildlife, then having an ice cold IPA when you get back to the car.
Jeremy
achilles38

Previous

Return to Backpacking & Cooking