Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Golden Trout - Liquid Gold Video

As we evolve, we'll break the topics into more specific categories. For now, miscellaneous will do.

Golden Trout - Liquid Gold Video

Postby Karl Klavon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:50 pm

Unfortunately no Tenkara fly fishing is featured in this film but I do Tenkara fish in places that are similar to some of the ones shown in the video, so I know from experience that you can do it and be successful with Tenkara tackle. The anglers shown here entered the Sierra on its Eastern side, from the desert side. I live on the Western side of the range, which is much more forested and a lot greener. But the high country where golden trout live is all pretty similar. Golden trout have faced and are facing many challenges to their survival, so my purpose in posting this is in the hope of making more anglers aware of what could be lost. As you will see, the anglers involved undertook a pretty amazing adventure that I hope you will all enjoy seeing the telling of. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPOfNZdzsBI
Karl Klavon

Re: Golden Trout - Liquid Gold Video

Postby steve_boulder » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:44 pm

Luckily, Finis Mitchell in the early 1900's brought a lot of golden trout fry from California and seeded the lakes in the Wind Rivers of Wyoming. What gorgeous fish!
Ebisu - 12'
Ito - 13' to 14'-7"
Shimotsuke Kiyotaki 27 - 8'-10"
steve_boulder

Re: Golden Trout - Liquid Gold Video

Postby hydrophyte » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:14 pm

Pretty awesome video. Thanks for sharing it. I hope I can make it out there some day to catch Goldens.
hydrophyte

Return to Misc. Tenkara stuff