Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

quick line storrage

As we evolve, we'll break the topics into more specific categories. For now, miscellaneous will do.

Re: quick line storrage

Postby rsetina » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:44 pm

Ronald,

I see you have what looks like two leaders. Is that an extra leader or are you set up for two different flies in the picture? I think changing the leader vs. the fly might be easier to do. One dry and one nymph. The change can be made with the leaders rolled onto the storage foam, and then unwound.
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Postby Adam Trahan » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:59 pm

I like the foam storage. It looks exactly like the "spool" they give you when you buy a cane pole. That's not a cut, it is what it is and it looks very functional. I am going to do the modified crappe rod technique, I'll ask the people at "Snake" if they will craft a pair of modified hook keepers. For the Ebisu, I'll whip and finish them about a foot apart. Not as functional as the two line system but definately in the minimalist view and unobtrusive. Thanks for sharing your system, I like it.
Adam Trahan

Postby rsetina » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:36 pm

grassart wrote:I'll ask the people at "Snake" if they will craft a pair of modified hook keepers. For the Ebisu, I'll whip and finish them about a foot apart.

Interesting idea. I took a rod building class a couple of years ago so I two modified hook keepers just might do the trick. Post a picture then you get it done.
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Previous

Return to Misc. Tenkara stuff