Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

nets

As we evolve, we'll break the topics into more specific categories. For now, miscellaneous will do.

nets

Postby Adam Trahan » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:13 pm

$140 custom made

I've been checking landing nets for tenkara discipline. A Western fly angler's net is going to work, I have a couple myself, one is special and it was a gift...

But, I truly like the Jananese style of circle shaped net.

Small.

Compact.

Expensive.

Ughh.

But take a look at the one above.

I'm going to order one for my small stream kit.

As I grow in knowledge, I'm going to need one to move forward.
Adam Trahan

Re: nets

Postby grampa » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:27 am

Beautiful! Where did you find this, or did you make it yourself?
grampa

Postby Jerry in SC » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:46 am

Clicking on the pic takes you to the website.
Jerry in SC

Postby Adam Trahan » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:00 am

I found it by searching "fly fishing nets" in google.

I've contacted the gentleman about making a net for me and thought I would pass it on here.

Although I am an American, and I enjoy my American fly fishing ways, my American shaped net, well, the fish wouldn't know if they were netted by it or a circle shaped net. In the last couple of weeks, I've been researching Tenkara from afar, that is, Japanese sites. They use a circle shaped net. The Yen to American conversion, the cost of purchasing a Japanese Tenkara and or a crafted net prohibits me from purchasing. The delay in shipping and the language barrier is substantial.

At my core, I like simplicity and well thought out equipment. At my outer layers, I enjoy aesthetics. I like the circle style of net, apparently so do others. I've asked Sam if he can make one petite and I await his answer(s). I'll look for some special wood and send it on. I'm big on mojo although I am scientific in my approach. I guess I like the idea of caring about how I spend my time with what equipment that is the most efficient.

I believe there are more people out there who have the same view but by design, are not willing to share those thoughts.

I have nothing to lose.

Rambling.

Sorry, just stoked.
Adam Trahan

Return to Misc. Tenkara stuff