The Tenkara USA Forum is no longer active, and is now a read-only resource. If you’re interested in current topics and discussions, please join us on the Facebook Tenkara Anglers group (link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenkara.anglers/)

Tenkara & Pandas

As we evolve, we'll break the topics into more specific categories. For now, miscellaneous will do.

Tenkara & Pandas

Postby TJ @ Tenkara USA » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:32 am

Typed Tenkara on Twitter search and found this link. Not sure if it is anyone on this Tenkara forum but they made a funny out of Tenkara. Not sure if the creator actually likes Tenkara or poking fun at it but I found it a little funny. I am guessing they are a Tenkara enthusiast just having some fun but could be wrong.

http://www.shootinghead.com/?p=401

tj
Tenkara USA, Director of Customer Service

Tenkara Junkie - Tenkarajankī
Now sporting all of the Tenkara USA Rods!
TJ @ Tenkara USA

Re: Tenkara & Pandas

Postby Owl Jones » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:52 am

That is hilarious! My guess is that the author happened upon photo #3 in the post and built the rest of the blog post around it. Nice photoshopping work on those pandas. I don't think we have anything to worry about here in the States though....because as you all probably know, our bears aren't going to go for our fishing methods...but you can catch a good one every now and then being a camera hog:

Owl Jones

Postby TJ @ Tenkara USA » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Re-exploring the link, and then checking out the rest of their pages, maybe they are not into Tenkara unless they are now just starting. I find no other mentions of it going back a ways in their blog. The type of fish they seem to discuss are all big boys and girls. I am one not to take too serious stuff and am able to laugh at myself at times. In my opinion though, they probably should not use other web pages pictures or artwork and use on their own page, even if it is just a little comical. Probably would have been better they take their own pics of Tenkara and use those.

Anyway, I have a sense of humor so can take from it a little fun being had but still, I think they could do it better using their own skills and pics versus taking from others sites and tinkering with them.

Anyway, even if they are not into Tenkara, I think our sport has taken a new step forward because in my humble opinion, when people start making funnies about you, you or your sport are getting popular enough for them to pay some attention to it. In the end, it will just make more eyes look at Tenkara and those that have open minds will find out more about it and we can be here to help them enjoy their new hobby. ;)

tj
Tenkara USA, Director of Customer Service

Tenkara Junkie - Tenkarajankī
Now sporting all of the Tenkara USA Rods!
TJ @ Tenkara USA

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:09 am

And to think, they were using only 4# and 5# test leaders.... Amazing!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story.
Stan Wright

Postby Owl Jones » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:09 am

I saw somewhere on the internet that they were actually fishing barbless, too. The skill! The talent!
Owl Jones

Postby 257ROBT » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:01 am

That is too funny :lol:

Dale
257ROBT

Return to Misc. Tenkara stuff