Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Rod Selection

Tenkara is a new type of fishing to the US, and information (particularly in English) is sparse. This is the place to build a knowledge base of Tenkara.

Rod Selection

Postby kanotuna » Wed May 04, 2011 11:26 am

This is not another post about helping me choose another rod, which I am greatly enjoying my AYU. This is more a suggestion for the web site and this is about the only appropriate place I could think of posting this.

How about a nice page with a table comparing the rod offerings. I know that you can see the rod, length, and flexibility on the rod page. But how about a table with more detailed information that is inluded in the rod desription. Information such as weight, colour/finish, length (collapsed/extended), etc. You have to understand I'm real lazy and don't like using that extra second it takes to push the back button in my web browser.

I suppose for my first post this is a bad intorduction. But I'm not big on posting things. I've thoroughly enjoyed my AYU for the past month. Too bad work gets in the way of fishing. But I have to find a way to pay for a new rod. Thanks for indulging me.
kanotuna

Re: Rod Selection

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Wed May 04, 2011 12:20 pm

Kanotuna, welcome to the forum and thank you for the suggestion.

I will get to that...eventually...I promise! I have been looking at ways of making it presentable, but in reality just haven't found much time to implement something like that. Will get to it ... :?
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Postby adventureR » Wed May 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Welcome to the forum kanotuna. I was wanting the Ayu till the Ito came out. But own a Yamame. And haven't tried any of the other rods out. But I'm very happy with the Yamame. I have a sneaking suspision that getting a new rod and mastering it will take some time. But think I'll wait till I master the Yamame. Before purchasing another rod. The Decision on rods took me a while but found some good advice here in the forum. Curious about which rod you found the most appealing if any.
And again welcome.
Jeremy
¿ <•,^~~<
adventureR

Postby kanotuna » Wed May 04, 2011 9:58 pm

Thanks for the welcomes. As for rod choices, I am torn. I have a sneaking suspicion that I will end up with the entire lineup of Tenkara USA rods, maybe even some from competitors. (Though it's difficult to keep from giving Daniel my money when he provides some of the best customer service I've experienced lately.) But I think the next purchase will be the 12' IWANA and then when Trout season begins again in S. Texas I'll pick up the YAMAME. Plus I can always loan out rods to friends that want to try Tenkara without sacrificing my own fishing time. I'd also like to own the EBISU just to hang on the wall. At that point, I'm only missing the AMAGO, ITO, and 11' IWANA. :D
kanotuna

Postby adventureR » Thu May 05, 2011 8:46 am

Yes I agree about the loaning out of a rod for someone to try. Two rods is definatley the way to go. Whenever anyone trys mine I can't believe the feelings I have. Just like a kid again. I try to keep my self under control. But under the surface boiling. Have to make sure my arms aren't sticking out to grab my rod back. Silly but true I admit.
I'm still not sure about the rods either. I like that I got the Yamame. Since it's a stiff 7:3 rod. For windy conditions. Yamame casts very well easy to learn with it. And I'm still unsure, torn between the Ayu and Ito. Well nice hearing your thoughts anyway. Enjoy the toys kids.
Jeremy
¿ <•,^~~<
adventureR

Return to About Tenkara