Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Tenkara in the media - Daniel's tenkara blog

Tenkara is a new type of fishing to the US, and information (particularly in English) is sparse. This is the place to build a knowledge base of Tenkara.

Tenkara in the media - Daniel's tenkara blog

Postby jayfisher » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:50 am

I know many of us follow Daniel's tenkara blog. But I just wanted to post here in the Forum to highlight one of his recent blog posts.

For any of us who missed it, Daniel's post last week, "Tenkara in the media," is really worth checking out. It's about Ralph and Lisa Cutter, John Gierach, and Ed Engles writing about tenkara. Yvon Chouinard of Patagonia has also been recommending tenkara. Of course, the ground work was laid down by the patient dedicated work of leaders like Daniel and Chris Stewart, Misako Ishimura and Kevin Kelleher, and others too many to name here . Also we must not overlook Dr. Ishigaki as the wise mentor and teacher.

I like to watch trends. And as much as anyone can forsee trends, we're getting the strong sense that tenkara has now launched. We don't really know how high it might go. We'll probably know that tenkara has finally and ultimately arrived when we start seeing Patagonia advertising tenkara clothing. :D Whatever the case, hang on, it should be fun!

Here's the link to Daniel's blog post:
https://www.tenkarausa.com/blog/?p=1458

-Jack :)
Last edited by jayfisher on Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayfisher

Re: Tenkara in the media - Daniel's tenkara blog

Postby CM_Stewart » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:52 am

We will have ultimately arrived when Sage proudly announces their new $700 tenkara rod.
CM_Stewart

Return to About Tenkara