Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

tenkara is arrived in france!!!!!!!

Tenkara is a new type of fishing to the US, and information (particularly in English) is sparse. This is the place to build a knowledge base of Tenkara.

tenkara is arrived in france!!!!!!!

Postby vallee » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:47 am

hi, tenkara is arrived in france in a mag "peche et les poissons" (february 2011!!)..daniel, if you are interested by these pages , i could send them with pleasure!!!!
hope to meet you, laurent new frenchy tenkara fisherman :lol:
vallee

Re: tenkara is arrived in france!!!!!!!

Postby dwalker » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:58 pm

Not just an inside story. I see it with was granted front cover listing. Cool. Thanks for info.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cfMudgw9AUU/T ... 918254.jpg

http://presse.evene.fr/kiosque/magazine ... 789001.jpg

I see from some of the French blogs that there has been some chat about tenkara going back to at least 2008. Perhaps about the same tima as here in this country. ;)

Makes you wonder what set off this awareness or curiosity about tenkara in so many different countries around the world or at least in America and Europe about 2 or 3 years ago.
Tenkara is fundamental fishing fun
dwalker

Re: tenkara is arrived in france!!!!!!!

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:29 pm

Very cool!
I would love to read see a copy of the article. I can make out french writing as it's latin based, and would love to have it if you can send a copy! Thanks for letting me know.

It is incredible how open European countries are when it comes to adopting new concepts. Very quickly after launching Tenkara USA Europe started accounting for a lot of our sales, which is why I set up distribution in the UK. Currently near 15% of our sales are in Europe, though I have not spent much time working on it yet. I am very grateful for the word-of-mouth being spread there, as it has been here too!
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Return to About Tenkara