Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

The Next Best Tippet Material On The Horizon - Bioline

Discussion of tenkara lines, tippets, etc...

The Next Best Tippet Material On The Horizon - Bioline

Postby Karl Klavon » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:02 am

A lot has been made of waste Fluorocarbon's not breaking down in the environment as the main reason for anglers not using it. However, even nylon takes 600 years to fully fall apart. Be that as it may, a soon to be introduced new line product called "Bioline" will have most of FC's advantages and be price competitive with it, but breakdown much more quickly than anything else out there. If you are interested in learning more about how the FC and Nylon line products compare with Bioline, take a good long look at this: http://www.flyfishamerica.com/content/fluorocarbon-vs-nylon
Karl Klavon

Re: The Next Best Tippet Material On The Horizon - Bioline

Postby Karl Klavon » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:27 am

Karl Klavon

Re: The Next Best Tippet Material On The Horizon - Bioline

Postby dwalker » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:59 pm

The usual double standard from government. A private company is forced to spend large amounts of money to prove their claims for a product or service. While the government has little proof their product works, and a great deal of evidence that proves their policies and rules do not, and more often than not does the opposite of what they claim. My opinion is that government spends more to make people addicted to their products than big tobacco or big pharmaceutical or any other big whatever that they demonize.

Biodegradable line would be a good thing. About once a month I find several feet of line along the bank or in the water that I gather up, cut into 4 inch pieces and throw away.
Tenkara is fundamental fishing fun
dwalker

Return to Tenkara Lines