Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Where to get

A place to discuss tenkara nets. Techniques for making it, woods used, designs, etc.

Where to get

Postby jmontefusco » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:33 pm

Hello all...are these nets available for purchase somewhere, either on Daniel's site or elsewhere?
jmontefusco

Re: Where to get

Postby rsetina » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:42 pm

Daniel doesn't sell them. I'm not sure he will but he has ordered 24 and 27 cm nets for those of us who are building our own though, so if you're interested in building one you could buy a net for a handle and frame you make. It's surprisingly easy should you choose to make one. There are sites on the net you could go to and order one from Japan, but I'd bet the shipping would make it expensive.
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:14 am

Our custom designed nets and also meshes are in production right now (they are all hand made), and I hope to have them available in a couple (few) weeks. But, the unique nets (i.e. made from one unique, single tree branch) will not be available for sale anytime soon.

It's surprisingly easy should you choose to make one.

Not sure easy is the right word, it's relatively simple, but a lot of work. Very rewarding though!
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Postby rsetina » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Daniel @ TenkaraUSA wrote:Our custom designed nets and also meshes are in production right now (they are all hand made), and I hope to have them available in a couple (few) weeks. But, the unique nets (i.e. made from one unique, single tree branch) will not be available for sale anytime soon.

It's surprisingly easy should you choose to make one.

Not sure easy is the right word, it's relatively simple, but a lot of work. Very rewarding though!

What I meant by easy is that if you follow a step by step process it's possible for anyone with the tools to make one. You're right about it being quite a bit of work to make one.
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Return to Tenkara Nets