Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

My favorite tamo

A place to discuss tenkara nets. Techniques for making it, woods used, designs, etc.

My favorite tamo

Postby Adam Trahan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:38 pm

tamo.jpg

I really like my Tenkara USA tamo.

I have a couple of nets from Mr. Yoshimura's shop, they are nice but they just don't get used. I'm not a fan of using a leash. My line gets stuck in the coils, I fight it getting hung up as I'm bushwhacking and I've never walked away from my net so I just tuck my net in my belt. Never lost one and I don't want to.

But I end up using my Tenkara USA tamo, like all the time. It is utility, like my everyday net and in that, I'm really stoked on it. They are just bomber, I've fallen on mine, got stuck in the back of the car, everything moving around on a trip, it just holds up.

And I just plain like it.

I use it on my favorite streams, I use it at home for #untenkara and now that I think of it, I've made sure a couple of my buddies have them. I gave them away as gifts to my closest fishing friends, sort of a right of passage, they use theirs now, it's what we use.

IMG_4661.JPG

It was sort of a big thing for me to switch over to a tamo, quite a long time ago. The Japanese styled circle net was not popular in America back then. I sort of felt like when I chose that net, I was a tenkara angler. Of course nothing could be farther from the truth but it was at that point when I chose the circle net, the tamo. I had fully committed to tenkara and identified with it and the net was part of it too.

There are more people than I who know what I'm writing about.

Now I'm really stoked when I see one in the media, usually someone has made theirs or has a Mankyu or a Tenkara USA net. Super cool.

A net doesn't make you a tenkara angler, it's just part of what we do.

But I dig my net and I enjoy seeing other tenkara anglers with them.

IMG_4315.JPG
Adam Trahan

Re: My favorite tamo

Postby Vladimir_Bushclyakov » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:05 am

Отличный рассказ, я тоже использую ТАМО.
Vladimir_Bushclyakov

Postby Adam Trahan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:15 pm

Спасибо, любые фотографии? Рад видеть вас здесь. Я вижу, что некоторые из вас творят, это тоже классно. Посмотрим на некоторые фотографии!
Adam Trahan

Postby Adam Trahan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:01 am

0.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg
Adam Trahan

Postby Adam Trahan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:11 am

4.jpg

I really like my net.

I just bought another to give as a present to my son.
Adam Trahan

Return to Tenkara Nets