Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Tenkara net making

A place to discuss tenkara nets. Techniques for making it, woods used, designs, etc.

Tenkara net making

Postby iGm4n » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:12 am

Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum hopefully someone can help! I've been working on making a tenkara fish landing net for a few weeks, and I'm now in search of getting a net for it. I am having trouble finding a circular net, as well as the right size. It has a diameter of 10inches. It doesn't matter to me if the net is made out of a mesh material or rubber (rubber preferred. Most tenkara fish landing nets that I have seen like "Tenkara USA" are circular and smaller, which leads me to believe that there a specific nets made for tenkara? Thank you to everyone that comments for your help!
iGm4n

Re: Tenkara net making

Postby dwalker » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:19 pm

iGm4n wrote:Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum hopefully someone can help! I've been working on making a tenkara fish landing net for a few weeks,.....It has a diameter of 10inches. It doesn't matter to me if the net is made out of a mesh material or rubber (rubber preferred. ...!

Maybe I'm not understanding what you are looking for.
If your net frame is 10 inches = 25.4 cm in diameter. Which is only 1.6cm (.63 inches) smaller than the TUSA 27cm net mesh.
http://www.tenkarausa.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/113

I see no reason why that wouldn't work. Your net frame would have a circumference of 31.42 inches. The 27cm net mesh would or should have a circumference of 84.82cm (33.4 inches) Pretty close. Should work with only a little bunching on the frame.

Alternatively, the Brodin small replacement net bag, with a circumference of 34 inches, might work too.

http://www.brodindirect.com/small-eco-clear-replacement-net-bag/

Good luck finding what works for you.

D
Tenkara is fundamental fishing fun
dwalker

Postby iGm4n » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:31 am

Thank you for replying! I thought the net from tenkara USA was out of stock because it says (no stock) inte name. And thank you for giving me an alternative net also instead of just leaving it at that!
iGm4n

Postby dwalker » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:27 am

iGm4n wrote:Thank you for replying! I thought the net from tenkara USA was out of stock because it says (no stock) inte name.....

You're welcome, no problemo.
My interpretation of the product page was in the USA the 27cm is in stock. 24cm not in stock.

And in Europe the opposite - 24cm in stock. 27cm not in stock.
I think you should be good to go if you're not Europe.

D
Tenkara is fundamental fishing fun
dwalker

Postby TJ @ Tenkara USA » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:12 pm

dwalker is correct... in USA we are out of the 24cm but have the 27cm in stock. So order away if you want a nice net mesh. ;-)

TJ
Tenkara USA, Director of Customer Service

Tenkara Junkie - Tenkarajankī
Now sporting all of the Tenkara USA Rods!
TJ @ Tenkara USA

Return to Tenkara Nets