Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Anyone using the Titanium and Carbonfiber Tenkara Bum Net?

A place to discuss tenkara nets. Techniques for making it, woods used, designs, etc.

Anyone using the Titanium and Carbonfiber Tenkara Bum Net?

Postby craigthor » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:24 am

I'm looking for a net and though I do love the look of the wooden ones I don't have the current time to build and haven't found a source for a wooden Tamo so in the mean time thinking of picking up the ultralight Ti/ Carbon one from Tenkara Bum. Anyone using this net and can give there thoughts on it. I do like the fact it is super light and probably nearly indestructible.

I'll also be wanting a wooden Tamo or 2 as time goes on but for now with a limited time off schedule and moving over the next couple of weeks trying to get a quick start list going so I can get out and play once I get all moved in.

Craig
craigthor

Re: Anyone using the Titanium and Carbonfiber Tenkara Bum Ne

Postby Tenkara Guides » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:27 am

I have been using one since they first became available. They are very light and have proven to be durable.
I have fallen on my tamo several times and although they are titanium, the hoop can and does get bent. It has been an easy fix to just tweak the hoop back into shape. One thing to be cautious of is the carbon handle. If you gouge it too deeply, it will fail at that spot sooner or later. Just because these are made of cool space age materials, they are not impervious to abuse.

Like I said, I use this tamo every time I fish and also on guide trips. Approximately 300 fishing days with this tamo. The largest fish I have stuffed in it was about 22 Inches. It can handle large heavy fish with little problem. When it finally dies, I will replace it with another one.

John
Tenkara Guides

Postby tnitz » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:31 pm

I echo all of the previous comment. The net also fits the outside of my pack well. Highly recommended.
tnitz

Postby craigthor » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:33 pm

Just wanted to update that I got mine and it is super light, seems tough as nails and I forget that it is tucked in my back belt loop as I walk into my areas.
craigthor

Return to Tenkara Nets