Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

New rods soon?

New rods soon?

Postby craigthor » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:12 pm

Any new rods coming out soon?
craigthor

Re: New rods soon?

Postby itsjaywhatsup » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:51 pm

I know the original post is slightly old, but look at: http://www.tenkarausa.com/blog/?p=5147

In the comment section Daniel mentions something about 2 new rods coming soon (comment post was July 5th). I am excited to see what is coming.

I planned on saving up for a big fish rod, either the TUSA Amago or Daiwa Enshou LT39SF, but depending on what the new rods will be, I might have to deviate from my original plan.

I have to admit the Ito looks very enticing, although not necessarily a big fish rod (especially if it ever goes on sale again).

I think I have a problem... does Tenkara Anonymous exist yet?
itsjaywhatsup

Postby adventureR » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:11 am

I like the soft feel of the Ayu during the cast, easier on the joints and tendons, also more of a smooth mellow feel. Very cool to see that softer rod flex too during a fish battle!
The Yamame & I hear Amago often sing with even a small Sunfish on board. If anyone is listening or bothers to read my words, a larger degree of taper to a rod with a wider handle section could help produce more rod signing and lower expensive cork usage. It would be nice to hear any thoughts TeamTUSA!
¿ <•,^~~<
adventureR

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:59 am

I'm keeping quite on the rods are we need to file a patent on it first. There are a couple of cool things we developed for the new rods but can't discuss it any further at the moment. They will become available by late November.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Postby Skico » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:44 am

Itsjaywhatsup, I use my Ito as a big fish rod and it handles 20" trout just fine. Ive used it on some big rivers such as the Madison, Henreys Fork, Colorado,North and south Platte and many more. I love te length for big water when extended and shortened to 13' it does great on smaller streams. I feel its TUSA best rod so far.
Skico

Postby GregM » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:22 am

SkiCo,
What is the maximum tippet size you are comfortable with on the Ito?
GregM

Postby hannaar85 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:20 pm

new rods? late november? ................................... :mrgreen: :twisted:
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
hannaar85

Postby Tenkara Elevated » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:45 pm

Daniel is this new rod going to end up being better then the ito? I ask because I finally have the money to get an ito and want it very bad, but if this new rod is going to take tenkara to another level, I'd rather wait and fish with it.
Tenkara Elevated

Postby jd_smith » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:30 pm

Daniel @ Tenkara USA wrote:I'm keeping quite on the rods are we need to file a patent on it first. There are a couple of cool things we developed for the new rods but can't discuss it any further at the moment. They will become available by late November.

Okay...late November has come and gone. Getting restless over here. It's time to start shaking the cage. :lol:
<{(((((><{

"The reverse side also has a reverse side"
jd_smith

Postby narcodog » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:11 pm

It's now between Dec, 5 and 15th. They are waiting for some pat's to be approved.
narcodog

Next

Return to Announcements from Tenkara USA