Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Tenkara Summit, cont'd

Tenkara Summit, cont'd

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:42 am

The event has been filling up way faster than I thought it would! There are already about 30 people signed up, and that's almost all from out of state, not counting speakers and a few "locals" who will just dropping by. Wow! I'm really stoked.

One note for now:
- Campgrounds:
I know many people have been thinking of camping, there are good camping sites nearby. I asked around and wasn't recommended to any in particular. Instead a couple of people recommended speaking to or visiting the site of the local chamber of commerce: http://www.destinationyellowstone.com/sleep/rv-campground/ I'm sure it will be no problem to find camping.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Re: Tenkara Summit, cont'd

Postby DaveChenault » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:44 pm

Awesome to see enthusiasm for the summit.

As far as lodging, I'll repeat my advice from the other thread: make reservations! Trying to find camping (and I assume a hotel or cabin) at the last minute will be a nuisance, if not impossible.
DaveChenault

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:32 pm

Also, do keep in mind that the FFF is having their conclave at the same location just a few days after. So, if you're planning to stay past our event, and stay in West Yellowstone, you may definitely want to book in advance.
http://federationconclave.org/Default.aspx?tabid=4841
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Postby narcodog » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:33 pm

If you all need a place to stay I would recommend Campfire Lodge and Resort it's on the Madison between the lakes. They have tent site, r/v sites and rustic cabins. If you call drop my name and he might give you a discount!!!!!!! :lol: :P
narcodog

Return to Announcements from Tenkara USA