Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Having issues adding pictures to threads? Read this...

Having issues adding pictures to threads? Read this...

Postby TJ @ Tenkara USA » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:04 pm

Hi everyone... seems we are having issues right now with folks adding images to the forum. Not issues if you post pictures elsewhere (Photobucket as an example) but where you upload actual images to our site direct.

Until we find and cure the issue, please use your favorite site like a Photobucket and instead of uploading images to our site, please just link to them in your thread.

Thank you... TJ
Tenkara USA, Director of Customer Service

Tenkara Junkie - Tenkarajankī
Now sporting all of the Tenkara USA Rods!
TJ @ Tenkara USA

Re: Having issues adding pictures to threads? Read this...

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:24 pm

The issue has been resolved as far as I can see.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Postby farmer » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:50 pm

Looks like it works from here. Uploaded to site. Note: there is a 250K size limitation
Attachments
Scotland 600.jpg
farmer

Postby GregM » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:12 am

Attachments are possible, uploaded directly from your desktop.

However, a narrative flows better around photos than if you have to keep dropping down to look at attachments.

But adding images in-line with text is not possible, unless you have an web based repository, like photobucket.

You cannot upload into the body of the post directly from your desktop.
GregM

Postby DavidHE » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:07 pm

Greg
There is a tab which allows you to add the attached photo in line

nymph1.jpg

I was able to attach this nymph photo and insert it mid text.

Below is a screen shot of the reply screen.

screen.jpg

I put a red box around the "place inline" tab
I also boxed the "choose file" and "add the file" tabs because both needed to be done prior to placing inline.

When attachments were blocked for a time here, I began using Photobucket and like it.

2 ways to skin the same cat. I'm sure there are many others
david
DavidHE

Postby GregM » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:25 pm

David,
Apologies for the slow reply - I've been out in the woods.

Thanks for the lesson.... I never saw the "Place inline" in the immediate attachment box. It only appears After you've browsed for a file, and then, it is above the area of attention.

Flash+Iron+Lotus.JPG

But now I know.

Thanks.
GregM

Postby klags » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:49 am

Honestly I never post my trip reports up here because of how annoying it is to post photos on the forum here.

Sometimes I feel stupid about it... I just cant understand why its impossible to attach a photo and upload it without compressing it. Other sites compress automatically and make it way easier.

I don't use third party photo sites and I already have too many memberships and passwords on different sites. I don't intend to open a new account just to share photos on this forum, when I can already share them via google, facebook, email and other forums that make this easier.

I just wish this forum would compress the photos for us, so we could literally just attach them from our iPhoto, photo storage file, wherever we keep them.

As of now, I'd have to choose all the photos I want to post for a trip report, compress them all and save them to a file where I could upload them to a trip report. That's way more than I have time for when sharing trip reports.

I'm not sure the limitations of the forum system, so I'm not trying to complain but I just wanted to point out that it is VERY prohibitive for posting up photos on this forum. I keep my own blog and I post trip reports on other sites where I don't have to figure out how to post code or compress my files when posting.

It takes a lot of time to organize, write and post a trip report. I just wish it were easier so that it was fun to post them.... I think more people would do this if there was a better system in place. And I think the trip reports draw people and business too. I for one would like to participate more in this forum in this way... as of now its just not ideal. Any remedies in the works per chance?
klags

Postby TJ @ Tenkara USA » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:05 am

Hi Klags, no remedies but Daniel is looking into it.
TJ
Tenkara USA, Director of Customer Service

Tenkara Junkie - Tenkarajankī
Now sporting all of the Tenkara USA Rods!
TJ @ Tenkara USA

Postby klags » Sat May 02, 2015 8:07 am

TJ, thank you, that's awesome to hear. IMHO, the easier it is, the more people can post about their tenkara experiences.

I love the way google's ".blogspot.com" makes it easy, for example. Anyway, thanks so much for the follow up and have a great weekend!

I just booked my tickets to CO and am excited for my first Tenkara Summit and to fish in the rockies for the first time!
klags

Return to Announcements from Tenkara USA