Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

TenkaraUSA Hane Rod

Discussion on tenkara rods

TenkaraUSA Hane Rod

Postby Jetterman » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:20 pm

I am thinking about getting the Hane. I currently use my dads Rhodo and am looking to get my own for college. I want the Hane because it will fit inside my backpack. How does it feel compared to the Rhodo? And is the rod part made out of the same materials as the Rhodo and other rods?
Jetterman

Re: TenkaraUSA Hane Rod

Postby RHYANG » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:45 pm

Jetterman wrote:I want the Hane because it will fit inside my backpack. How does it feel compared to the Rhodo? And is the rod part made out of the same materials as the Rhodo and other rods?

Chiming in late. I have both the Rhodo and the new Hane. I like them both. The Hane is great if you don't need the three-way zoom of the Rhodo -- it packs smaller, and is a bit stiffer, which is nice for larger fish or lobbing weighted nymphs. The Hane is also less expensive.

In my opinion the Rhodo is a little more delicate with dries, and I like the zoom for tight spots. The Rhodo is a bit lighter as well, a factor when I am backpacking. Pretty sure they are made of the same kind of carbon / graphite.

One big difference is that the Hane has a rubber handle instead of cork. That may or may not make a difference to you. It doesn't to me. Lastly, the Hane does not have the same kind of tip cap as the Rhodo; you can stow the Rhodo tip cap at the base of the rod, while I usually have to put the Hane's tip cap in my pocket or someplace I won't forget it.
RHYANG

Return to Tenkara Rods