The Tenkara USA Forum is no longer active, and is now a read-only resource. If you’re interested in current topics and discussions, please join us on the Facebook Tenkara Anglers group (link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenkara.anglers/)

Tip plug holder issue on Sato

Discussion on tenkara rods

Re: Tip plug holder issue on Sato

Postby itsjaywhatsup » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:19 pm

No doubt the rod is awesome. The tip plug holder issue is minor (and hopefully fixed with the new end cap) and the rod length thing is more superficial. It's like when you find out your hot redheaded girlfriend isn't naturally redheaded. She's still awesome, but not really what you thought.

Would I trade out a segment if it meant getting 3 more inches? Yes. Will I send the rod back for a refund? I was given that option but the answer is no (again, TUSA customer service is awesome).

Like dwalker said, it probably has more to do with people liking to see perfectly rounded numbers and discrepancies between conversions. In the end I completely enjoy this rod and it has replaced my Iwana as my main rod, although I do like handle better on the Iwana.
itsjaywhatsup

Re: Tip plug holder issue on Sato

Postby craigthor » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:49 am

itsjaywhatsup wrote: It's like when you find out your hot redheaded girlfriend isn't naturally redheaded. She's still awesome, but not really what you thought.

:lol: ah made my morning.
craigthor

Previous

Return to Tenkara Rods