The Tenkara USA Forum is no longer active, and is now a read-only resource. If you’re interested in current topics and discussions, please join us on the Facebook Tenkara Anglers group (link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenkara.anglers/)

Rhodo

Discussion on tenkara rods

Rhodo

Postby narcodog » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:32 pm

Just what I have been looking for. Thanks, order placed.
narcodog

Re: Rhondo

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Thank you Robert! I know you and others have been wanting the shorter rod for sometime, I thought this would be a good way to meet your demands.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Re: Rhodo

Postby tsegelke » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:06 pm

Personally I have been finding myself reaching and looking for the longest rod I have. With the reviews and comments, I must say I am intrigued by the idea of the short rod. I can't wait to see everyone at the shows this year to check out the new rods.

Thanks to Tenkara USA in continuing to improve an already great product.
tsegelke

Postby tntom » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:13 am

After having the 9" conversion handle for 18 months last spring I took it fishing on the Little River sense that day it has been the only rod I have fished in the park. I will own a Rhodo as soon as I have the money.
If you aint high sticking, you aint fishing hard enough.
tntom

Postby narcodog » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:26 am

Rhodo is a perfect name I think for this rod. If one has never fished a small Southern trout stream you really don't know what it's about. Most streams are covered heavily with vegetation making cast and at time wading difficult. The 11 ft Iwana was and is a very good rod for these waters but there were many occasions when it was to long not just to cast but get your fly on the water. Now I have the option of fishing all of the water with less frustration.

I am a down stream fisher with both drys and wets and just love dropping the flee behind a rock or tree to a rising fish and then fish on.

Flee- an olde English term for fly.
narcodog

Postby narcodog » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:05 pm

Ha, my rod is on the way....
narcodog

Postby RIngFly » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Hi all my rod was shipped today all so . I am looking forward to having it in my hands .
RIngFly

Postby narcodog » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:10 am

Well, yesterday I did some lawn fishing with the Rhodo. I put a size 3 10 ft line on it. Went ou to the yard and cast the rod at all three lengths. I believe that it is the best casting Tenkara rod that I have cast. It laid the line out and was very accurate. I can't wait until I can get it on the water.

One other thing, one of the biggest kicks I had against TUSA rods were the poor quality of the cork. The cork on this rod is grades above the other TUSA rods I have owned.
narcodog

Postby tntom » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:53 pm

narcodog wrote:Well, yesterday I did some lawn fishing with the Rhodo. I put a size 3 10 ft line on it. Went ou to the yard and cast the rod at all three lengths. I believe that it is the best casting Tenkara rod that I have cast. It laid the line out and was very accurate. I can't wait until I can get it on the water.

One other thing, one of the biggest kicks I had against TUSA rods were the poor quality of the cork. The cork on this rod is grades above the other TUSA rods I have owned.

This is the post I've been waiting on.
If you aint high sticking, you aint fishing hard enough.
tntom

Postby Adam Trahan » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:25 pm

My favorite Tenkara rod…

And I've owned many and my quiver now is really a nice lot.

I like the Rhodo so much because it really does well what it was designed to do.

Tight quarters casting.

It is a rod that HELPS with this, I like it as a level line rod although I have designed a couple of nice Fuji type furled lines that work well.
Adam Trahan

Next

Return to Tenkara Rods