The Tenkara USA Forum is no longer active, and is now a read-only resource. If you’re interested in current topics and discussions, please join us on the Facebook Tenkara Anglers group (link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenkara.anglers/)

TUSA rod variation

Discussion on tenkara rods

TUSA rod variation

Postby Archknits » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:29 am

I own an Ito, which I love. Recently, I had to replace the rod tip section due to some water damage. TUSA was helpful with this, and I got the parts quickly. I noticed that the second to last section I got with the rod is almost an inch shorter than the new one. Is this sort of variation common? or did i somehow break an inch off at some point and not notice? (The section fits fine, and does not look broken. The bottom is still the lighter color common to all of the non-handle sections in the rod.

I also noticed that the section bellow that (the largest of the three tip sections), is significantly shorter than the other sections of the rod.
Archknits

Re: TUSA rod variation

Postby CuriousLayman » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:24 pm

Recently I read where Daniel mentioned that the tip of the Ito had gotten slightly stiffer. It's possible that you had an "old tip" Ito and that the "new tips" are stiffer and therefore different lengths.

This is totally a guess.
Mike Barber
CuriousLayman

Postby msteudel » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:13 pm

I'd be interested to hear about this too. I just got a used Ito and would be interested to find out what differences it would make getting a different tip ...
-----------------------
Work

Play

http://www.theweavils.com = Music
msteudel

Postby Archknits » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:05 pm

I never thought of that, but it would certainly be one explanation
Archknits

Return to Tenkara Rods