The Tenkara USA Forum is no longer active, and is now a read-only resource. If you’re interested in current topics and discussions, please join us on the Facebook Tenkara Anglers group (link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenkara.anglers/)

Iwana handle conversion 12' to 11'

Discussion on tenkara rods

Iwana handle conversion 12' to 11'

Postby billsch8 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:10 pm

Newbie here and my first post to this forum, so go easy on me. I bought a 12' iwana last year and had a blast fishing it (both in CA and CO), so of course, the addiction has begun. As a result, I ordered the handle sections for the 11' conversion as well as the 9'4" conversion. There were no formal instructions, but by searching earlier posts I was able to determine that the conversion to 9'4" requires removal of the two largest sections when replacing the handle, no problem...got it. My question is when converting to the 12' to the 11', do you just replace the handle or do you also remove the largest section as well? There were posts referring to this, but they weren't clear to me.....or for whatever reason I didn't get it. Can anyone clarify?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Fish on!
billsch8

Re: Iwana handle conversion 12' to 11'

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:18 pm

For the 11ft conversion, you remove the handle and leave the largest segment with it, then insert the others into the 11ft handle.
Main thing is, try it, if it doesn't fit, remove a segment.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Re: Iwana handle conversion 12' to 11'

Postby billsch8 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:26 am

Great! Got it, thanks.....! :D
billsch8

Return to Tenkara Rods