The Tenkara USA Forum is no longer active, and is now a read-only resource. If you’re interested in current topics and discussions, please join us on the Facebook Tenkara Anglers group (link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenkara.anglers/)

Are there improvements in the pipeline for the Ito?

Discussion on tenkara rods

Are there improvements in the pipeline for the Ito?

Postby farmer » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:44 pm

Are there improvements in the pipeline for the Ito? I love my 12' Iwana. Would like to add a 14 or 15 footer to the arsenal. Thanks.
farmer

Re: Are there improvements in the pipeline for the Ito?

Postby rsetina » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:07 pm

I have the Ito. I was wondering what improvements you are thinking about? I like the way mine fishes.
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Postby farmer » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:23 am

I was thinking of refinements, updates, etc. as a result of customer feedback, testing and reviews similar to what just happened with the new Ayu. I seem to remember that Daniel mentioned something about tweaking the Ito in one of his blogs. I could very well be mistaken however. I'm happy you are pleased with your Ito. I'm considering buying one myself but would rather wait a little if there is a new version headed our way.
farmer

Postby Charlie P. » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:35 pm

Just received an Ito. What "improvements" would you be expecting? It's already the flagship of the line. The zoom feature makes it very flexible to conditions. Make it a 7:3 and you change the cast and play characteristics.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - - Albert Einstein
Charlie P.

Postby farmer » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:59 am

No need to get defensive. "Improvements" was a poor choice of words. I thought I pretty much explained my first post in the post right above yours. The Ayu just went through a major update. I'm sure no one would imply that the new version is "better" than the old, just a different rod. I was wondering if the same thing would be happening with the Ito in the near future, that's all. No one from Tenkara USA has answered the post however so I guess I'll just have to wait to find out. Meanwhile i'll keep fishing my 12' Iwana, one sweet rod! Enjoy you new Ito.
farmer

Postby Charlie P. » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:08 pm

I have been around in various pursuits to know that change is not always for the better. Traditional archery, traditional muzzleloading, sailing, vehicles. Sometimes "new and improved" is not improved at all. Just easier to manufacture.

Would you rather have a 1965 or a 1975 Ford Mustang or Chevy Corvette?
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - - Albert Einstein
Charlie P.

Postby farmer » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:58 pm

Very good point Charlie. My ride is a '50 Chevy pickup and I wouldn't trade it for a new one. Besides, I've got a lot of learning to do yet and my Iwana feels just right. Thanks for your input.
farmer

Postby erik.ostrander » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:37 pm

You may be interested in Shimano's Mainstream ZE. It's Dr. Ishigaiki's rod of choice, so it must be good!

(it's also $450!!!)
Last edited by erik.ostrander on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
erik.ostrander

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:53 pm

The Ito has recently gotten just a tad stiffer, but it's not a release we're making a big deal about.
And, FYI, Dr. Ishigaki is my main advisor and advised on the production of the Ito as well... He's in Japan, and there he advises Shimano and must use it.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Postby msteudel » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:04 pm

When will the stiffer ITO show up in the store?
-----------------------
Work

Play

http://www.theweavils.com = Music
msteudel

Return to Tenkara Rods