The Tenkara USA Forum is no longer active, and is now a read-only resource. If you’re interested in current topics and discussions, please join us on the Facebook Tenkara Anglers group (link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenkara.anglers/)

New Ayu series II is now availible.

Discussion on tenkara rods

New Ayu series II is now availible.

Postby John @ Tenkara USA » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:31 pm

Hi guys, I get the pleasure of announcing the availability of the new Ayu Series II. When Daniel told me we were going to be changing the Ayu I had my reservations. The old Ayu was my favorite besides the Ito. When I cast the new model for the first time at the Somerset show I was very impressed.

For me, the rod has a perfect blend of precise casting action with the buttery smoothness I enjoyed in the old Ayu. Some people on the forum have more experience with the rod than I have, and I'm really looking forward to what they have to say. For now I'm just very excited to let you guys know they're here and that I can't wait to get mine in the mail. :) Here is a link:

http://www.tenkarausa.com/product_info. ... cts_id/155
John Geer at Tenkara USA
John @ Tenkara USA

Re: New Ayu series II is now availible.

Postby CuriousLayman » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:01 pm

Just ordered. Can't wait to give it a try!
Mike Barber
CuriousLayman

Postby TJ @ Tenkara USA » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:23 pm

Let the games begin!

Can't wait to get mine also.

TJ
Tenkara USA, Director of Customer Service

Tenkara Junkie - Tenkarajankī
Now sporting all of the Tenkara USA Rods!
TJ @ Tenkara USA

Postby craigthor » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:47 pm

Can't wait to see what the thoughts on this one is.
craigthor

Postby tsegelke » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:31 pm

Damn and Christmas is already past and my B day isn't for another few months. Guess I will have to treat myself early. Can you say a new rod for the season opener?
tsegelke

Postby craigthor » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:33 pm

tsegelke wrote:Damn and Christmas is already past and my B day isn't for another few months. Guess I will have to treat myself early. Can you say a new rod for the season opener?

lol
craigthor

Postby Tenkara Guides » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:54 pm

I had some quality fishing time yesterday with the new Ayu.
Using 16 ft of 3.5 level line and a tungsten beaded kebari, the rod cast the heavy fly really well. I only caught a couple of 16" browns and one 18" brown. The rod handled the fish easily. The increased backbone is noticeable. The tip section dampens a little faster, the rod has a nice smooth loading/unloading during the cast.

I like it, nice refinements to a great classic.

John
Tenkara Guides

Postby jd_smith » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:24 am

I really like the looks of the rod. It looks from the picture to have a natural carbon scrim mixed with translucent brown paint scheme. Is that accurate? Also, nice price too. That deserves a big "WHAOO"

Okay so this interesting. The Ebisu 5:5 was discontinued and the new Ayu is a 6:4. This leaves no 5:5 rods left in the TUSA line up. Am I being led to believe that there will be a new 5:5 rod in the works from TUSA? I'm putting my money on it.

Daniel?

JD
<{(((((><{

"The reverse side also has a reverse side"
jd_smith

Postby adventureR » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:47 am

I like the innovative Lillian loop on the new rod. But now a rod plug ornament might be necessary too.

I'm also glad I have a 5:5 Ayu. I have found my old Ayu almost seems to cast for you. It will be interesting to see what's next on the line up and some reviews.
¿ <•,^~~<
adventureR

Postby scorpion1971 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:58 am

About the only thing I do not like about the specs is the weight of 102 grams or 3.6 oz. Having cast some other popular Tenkara rods Japan makes most rods over 80 grams a heavy rod. If TUSA really wants to improve the rods the weight should be considered.

Mike P.
Mike P.
scorpion1971

Next

Return to Tenkara Rods