The Tenkara USA Forum is no longer active, and is now a read-only resource. If you’re interested in current topics and discussions, please join us on the Facebook Tenkara Anglers group (link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenkara.anglers/)

Proto type auction rod

Discussion on tenkara rods

Proto type auction rod

Postby jd_smith » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:48 pm

First off, Daniel this is another very generous act from you to offer the auction items up for bid. Kudos to you for your big heart and generosity.

If my eyes serve me well it appears that the rod is labeled TenkaraUSA "Kawa". The Japanese word for river? This looks like an interesting new rod and nothing like we have ever seen before. DOUBLE ZOOM! WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED? Good luck to the lucky bidder that brings it home. 2013 will be an interesting year for tenkara disciples.

Any advanced specs for us? :lol:

JD
<{(((((><{

"The reverse side also has a reverse side"
jd_smith

Re: Proto type auction rod

Postby TJ @ Tenkara USA » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:01 pm

3D Tenkara Rod.

We will all be fishing in the Matrix soon. :twisted:

tj
Tenkara USA, Director of Customer Service

Tenkara Junkie - Tenkarajankī
Now sporting all of the Tenkara USA Rods!
TJ @ Tenkara USA

Postby troutrageous1 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:12 pm

Wow, double zoom, that's pretty slick.

Hey Daniel, if that ever comes to market, thanks for the continued evolution of your products. ;)
Mike Agneta
troutrageous.com
Tenkara Florida Facebook Group
Ayu II | Ebisu | Iwana 11' | Rhodo | Sato
troutrageous1

Postby TJ @ Tenkara USA » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:29 pm

Me thinks 2013 will be off the hook for Tenkara USA rods.

:ugeek:

TJ
Tenkara USA, Director of Customer Service

Tenkara Junkie - Tenkarajankī
Now sporting all of the Tenkara USA Rods!
TJ @ Tenkara USA

Postby Jason Klass » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:27 am

I'm not sure how much I can say about it but I have a prototype rod Daniel gave me a while ago that is absolutely amazing. It's the kind of rod that you didn't even know you wanted until you tried it. Since the cat is already out of the bag because of the auction, I guess it's OK to say that it is indeed a double zoom rod (zooms to 3 lengths) but it isn't the one in the auction. I think I know where Daniel is going with these rods and I like the direction! Can't wait to see the final versions. :)
My blog: Tenkara Talk

Tenkara USA Rods: Amago, Ayu, Ayu Series II, Ebisu, Ito, Iwana 11', Iwana 12', Rhodo, Sato, Yamame.
Jason Klass

Postby achilles38 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:02 am

Damn, guess it's time to get a second job to afford my habit... :lol:

Is there a TUSAA? :D I'm sure there would be plenty of clients.
Jeremy
achilles38

Postby scorpion1971 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:34 pm

troutrageous1 wrote:Wow, double zoom, that's pretty slick.

Hey Daniel, if that ever comes to market, thanks for the continued evolution of your products. ;)

There was a double zoom non tenkara rod that has been ebay that was a 10', 9', and 8' rod. There are also other rods that Daiwa make that are not tenkara but are double zoom.
Mike P.
scorpion1971

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:51 pm

JD et al,

I have been working on a few new rods for quite sometime, the Ito was the first one to "come to market". After that I have been taking the time to perfect the design of the zoom concept. This is one recent prototype. I'm in the final stages of defining our product line going forward and the rod for auction may or may not be part of that. It's a sweet rod and the action smooth, ideal if you like soft rods.

"The cat is out of the bag" as Jason says. There will be some good designs appearing soon, including redesigns of a couple of rods. Most things I have worked on in the past have remained "invisible"; they have been quality improvements. I have not focused on releasing new rods but rather on making our rods and technology better. But I understand people want new rods; it is exciting to see a new rod out that. In the eyes of some that is what comprises "innovation". Tenkara USA will thus continue to innovate, yet stay true to tenkara traditions.

New releases will likely occur for the beginning of the next season. I hope to (a) simplify our rod choices, (b) ensure Tenkara USA remains the leader in innovation and product development when it comes to tenkara rods, and (c) offer you what you want. I'll announce new rods when plans are final.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Postby statikpunk » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:47 pm

Im excited ! :D ....that is all
RODS: Ito&
Iwana I/II 12ft & 9ft
Amago
statikpunk

Postby tsegelke » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:38 pm

All of my Western Rods, Including Spey, have been gathering dust since I discovered Tenkara. Including my perviously favorite Bamboo rod. I started planning my vacation time around small streams, but am learning that is not necessary. Too many possibilities already.

Very excited to see what's next. You can never have too many fishing tools.
tsegelke

Next

Return to Tenkara Rods