The Tenkara USA Forum is no longer active, and is now a read-only resource. If you’re interested in current topics and discussions, please join us on the Facebook Tenkara Anglers group (link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenkara.anglers/)

Strip inside Amago

Discussion on tenkara rods

Strip inside Amago

Postby Bobc » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:38 pm

Recently I took my Amago apart to clean out some sand. Found two strips About 3/32 wide and 10 inches long, maybe fiberglass or graphite anyone know what it is?
Bobc

Re: Strip inside Amago

Postby adventureR » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:02 pm

Sounds like maybe some scraps from the manufacturing process. After having tried to repair my Yamame rod where a section was stuck and broke off inside another section. I noticed with a flashlight pointed in the opposite end of the segment of rod while looking in the other end you can easily see any defects within the sections of your Amago. It would be better to find a defect now then be sorry during a fight with a big finned fish. If there's a flaw in just the right place collapsing the rod will be difficult! I'd like to hear what you find Bobc.
¿ <•,^~~<
adventureR

Re: Strip inside Amago

Postby John @ Tenkara USA » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:54 pm

What he said. :) I will say that a defect on the inside of the rod is proably not as dangerous as one on the protective scrim on the outside of the rod.
John Geer at Tenkara USA
John @ Tenkara USA

Return to Tenkara Rods