The Tenkara USA Forum is no longer active, and is now a read-only resource. If you’re interested in current topics and discussions, please join us on the Facebook Tenkara Anglers group (link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenkara.anglers/)

Universal Tenkara Rod Caps

Discussion on tenkara rods

Universal Tenkara Rod Caps

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:01 am

We just received a new cap for tenkara rods that is of a "universal" size, so one size will fit any of the rods. Unlike very low-profile and lightweight wooden plugs that come with the rods, this one will be less prone to being lost. It also offers better protection for the end of the rod, and the line may stay attached to the rod with this cap on.
Universal Tenkara Rod Cap here
*by the way, if anyone would like to post this item on the Tenkara USA Facebook page, or Twitter, that would be appreciated. I'm in China right now and have no access to either Twitter of Facebook until next week! Withdrawals already. Thank you.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Re: Universal Tenkara Rod Caps

Postby rsetina » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:02 am

I copied your post from here and added it you the Tenkara USA facebook page for you. Hope all is going well in China and you have a successful trip.

I bought 4 new caps for when we take more than one rod on the water. I like the idea of being able to keep your line on the rod with the cap in place. Great idea! Thanks.
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Return to Tenkara Rods