The Tenkara USA Forum is no longer active, and is now a read-only resource. If you’re interested in current topics and discussions, please join us on the Facebook Tenkara Anglers group (link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenkara.anglers/)

2013 New TUSA Rod Model Questions

Discussion on tenkara rods

Re: 2013 New TUSA Rod Model Questions

Postby tntom » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:28 pm

Here's the deal if we knew what was coming we might say WOW! I need to put some MONEY$$$ back that sounds like something I want. Just a thought 8-)

Tom
If you aint high sticking, you aint fishing hard enough.
tntom

Postby tsegelke » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Ok so let me see if I can do the math right. A couple means 2, a few means 3, and several is 4 months. So if my math is right, we can hope to get a new rod under our Christmas Tree?

Just excited to see what's next. :lol:

On a serious side, I would much rather wait longer for the right rod, instead of getting it earlier for less quality.
tsegelke

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:28 pm

I am always working on new rods, way more than will see the light of the day. Currently I'm devoting myself to 3 different rods. I can't say when they are coming out or exactly what is coming out as I'm still going through a lot of product testing for each of them and am not 100% sure what will be released or when. I'm heading to Japan and China in a couple of weeks for almost a month to work more on them. Plus, I firmly believe all our rods are great rods right now; in efforts to keep our lineup simple and effective, any rod that comes in will likely have to replace one of the current rods - that's a very difficult proposition.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Postby craigthor » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:31 am

Any new updates? Getting ready to get another rod soon and curious what you may have up your sleeve. Currently have an Ito and love the way it fished so I may just get another one but something shorter may be in order as well.

Craig
craigthor

Postby jd_smith » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:00 pm

Daniel is in China and has visited his rod factory this week. My guess is that he's putting the final stamp on a new rod to offer to the masses. I could be completely wrong on this, but I've got a good feeling we will see something new very soon. Hold tight and watch the "Tenkara Gear" page. If you follow the forum this really ins't surprising news.

JD
<{(((((><{

"The reverse side also has a reverse side"
jd_smith

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:24 am

I brought all the notes I have taken about your feedback and wishes regarding tenkara rods with me to China. Please do not expect immediate releases for new rods; releasing new rods for the sake of releasing a new rod is not my vision for Tenkara USA; but there will be some cool developments for early 2013.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Postby craigthor » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:02 am

All good Daniel, I am purchasing 3 of the Ebisus for the family so that should help a bit. Can't wait to see what you release next year.

Craig
craigthor

Previous

Return to Tenkara Rods