The Tenkara USA Forum is no longer active, and is now a read-only resource. If you’re interested in current topics and discussions, please join us on the Facebook Tenkara Anglers group (link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenkara.anglers/)

Iwana summit help?

Discussion on tenkara rods

Iwana summit help?

Postby Tenkara Elevated » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:59 am

So yesterday while fishing with Karel I notice the tip of my rod had a chip in it. After looking it over we both came to the conclusion that is was going to snap on a fish. Fortunately for me Karel let me use on of his rods and crisis put on hold for now. However the tips are all on back-order and the summit is this week. I only have the one Iwana and was wondering if anyone attending the summit had an extra tip for the 11' Iwana that I could buy off them. I know it is last minute but I honestly didn't notice it. As to how it happened I think I must have hit a tree limb or something. I fish very thick cover and that is why the Iwana with the shorter handle works so good. Anyway I appreciate anyone being able to help....

Wouldn't you know this would happen during the summit lol.... :( :cry:
Tenkara Elevated

Re: Iwana summit help?

Postby adventureR » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:01 am

HwnstyleBC, put a drop of super glue on the chip area. Imediately after the drop touches the carbon flex the segement in all directions to allow the glue to seep in. After the glue is dry the rod should still be useable. And straight after the glue dries. I have my original Yamame rod tip. It's been repaired this way twice and caught many fish. Later when you get the chance lightly sand the glued spot to allow fit back into the section before for stowage while on the move.

Always carry super glue, can save your day in more than one way.
Jeremy
¿ <•,^~~<
adventureR

Re: Iwana summit help?

Postby erik.ostrander » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:05 pm

Call me
erik.ostrander

Return to Tenkara Rods