The Tenkara USA Forum is no longer active, and is now a read-only resource. If you’re interested in current topics and discussions, please join us on the Facebook Tenkara Anglers group (link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenkara.anglers/)

Buying a TenkaraUSA rod just paid off....

Discussion on tenkara rods

Buying a TenkaraUSA rod just paid off....

Postby Arson » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:01 am

Broken..... The second tip segment of my Iwana 12'. My four and seven year old daughters are the culprets due to their aggressive backcasts that go into the rocks behind them. I was heart broken. My brother and I are going on a "40th" birthday trout trip in Michigan in just a few weeks and Tenkara was going along for the ride. I thought for sure that I was going to be out of luck due to my past experiences with my traditional Fly Rods and getting them fixed in a timely manner. I was wrong.
I chose TenkaraUSA two years ago for just this reason. Not 10 minutes after I discovered the break I had ordered the replacement parts on-line. $7 and $1.50 for shipping. Incredible......
When I break my my RL Winston rods it costs me $60 and six weeks of waiting. I have to take the rod into my local dealer. They ship the whole thing off to Montana when they get a chance. My Iwana will be ready to go on my trip. It didn't cost me an arm and a leg. My daughters didn't get wipped with a broken Tenkara Rod (Joke). I am a happy camper.
Thanks TenkaraUSA for make this a "Common Sense" approach to problems like this. I haven't received the segment yet, as I just ordered them yesterday, but if it's anything like when I ordered the rod, It will be on the way today or tomorrow.
Arson

Re: Buying a TenkaraUSA rod just paid off....

Postby tntom » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:32 am

Agree 100%

Tom
If you aint high sticking, you aint fishing hard enough.
tntom

Postby Arson » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:02 am

Well, my replacement segments just shipped. I am so happy with the service I get from TenkaraUSA. Worth the money.
Arson

Postby Arson » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:13 pm

The new segments were waiting in the mailbox today. They fit nicely. Thanks again TenkaraUSA.
Arson

Return to Tenkara Rods