The Tenkara USA Forum is no longer active, and is now a read-only resource. If you’re interested in current topics and discussions, please join us on the Facebook Tenkara Anglers group (link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenkara.anglers/)

Ideas for the perfect rod...hope you're listening TenkaraUSA

Discussion on tenkara rods

Re: Ideas for the perfect rod...hope you're listening Tenkar

Postby Tortuga » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:29 pm

This is totally crazy...I would love a Tenkara bass rod.
Brandon from Florida

Tenkara Rods:

Iwana 11'
Ayu

http://gettingmuired.blogspot.com/
Tortuga

Postby jd_smith » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:44 pm

Tortuga wrote:This is totally crazy...I would love a Tenkara bass rod.

You might look into a Hera rod or a Carbon Pole.
<{(((((><{

"The reverse side also has a reverse side"
jd_smith

Postby Kingfisher » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:54 pm

I concur with the top plug idea. I lost mine the first day out.
Kingfisher

Postby CreationBear » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:36 pm

Nice post: I've been agitating for an "Eastern" Ito for a while now--or, if we're dreaming, two more iterations; the 9'-11' mentioned for headwaters, and a 11'-13' for everywhere else.
CreationBear

Postby tntom » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:39 pm

Zoom 11' to 12' 7". 6.4 action. That would be one fine mountain stream rod.

Tom
If you aint high sticking, you aint fishing hard enough.
tntom

Postby tvdavis » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:24 pm

erik.ostrander wrote:A stiffer version of the Ito. Love the length of the Ito, but sometimes it's just too noodly. It'd be nice to have something a little crisper.

Sign me up too. Exactly what I would want.

-Tom
tvdavis

Postby erik.ostrander » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:48 pm

Looks like a stiffer Ito is a pretty popular request! Looking forward to seeing it some time soon, Daniel.
;)
erik.ostrander

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:53 pm

Hey Guys,

I am listening, all the time! And, I am continually working on new products. Many will never see the market, a few of the suggested items have already been worked on and it's either not the right time to release or I need to improve it before releasing.

I want to avoid making all 1,250,542 possible combinations and iterations of tenkara rods, so I do pick the ones that I feel cover the spectrum best. And, do focus a lot on improving the items we have.

Regarding the "accessories", or tweaks to components of the rods, that is something you'll start seeing more later this year and next.
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Postby CuriousLayman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:52 am

I'll also speak up for a stiffer Ito. Don't get me wrong, I love my Ito. It cast great in 13' mode and really good for most situations in 14'7 mode. And it casts dries great. But I'd also buy a slightly stiffer type that could better handle a hopper dropper rig or a couple of lightly weighted nymphs.

I know, I know. The purists are screaming that's not tenkara. But a tenkara rod is a perfect compliment to many "western" approaches.
Mike Barber
CuriousLayman

Postby docdinh » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:32 am

Really great thoughts from everybody. I'm glad Daniel and TenkaraUSA are coming out with some new accessories.
1 - i'm all for more zoom rods and a stiffer Ito since that is the rod I use.
2 - as far as custom colors - I was thinking like when the new stiffer Ito comes out, that for additional cost one could order it in a different color scheme (say from a short list of colors already offered by TenkaraUSA) mainly to personalize the rod (of course, I am naive to the specifics of rod manufacturing). The rods are so affordable compared to a Western rod, I'd be interested to know how much a custom one would run me.
3 - odds and ends - many of us tinker with the Tenkara stuff and make homemade accessories that work with how we fish. It'd be great if these beautiful rods had beautiful rod accessories to match and people could opt for them or not. The setup I'm using and the Tenkaraguides use works great but is homemade - ez keepers are kinda cheap, beer tabs and milk caps work but are cheap. It's like putting stock wheels from a chevy on a porsche.
docdinh

PreviousNext

Return to Tenkara Rods