Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

It's Official.

Discussion on tenkara rods

It's Official.

Postby jeffkreager » Fri May 01, 2009 6:52 pm

My first Tenkara rod was delivered today. I say my first because after taking the rod out of the package I knew I was going to get another.

I've been small stream fishing with regular fly rods for years and find the Tenkara rod an answer to my prayers. I haven't even fished my new rod yet but know how to use it. I've been fishing Tenkara style for years without knowing it so with the discovery of the rod I can finally put it all together.
jeffkreager

Re: It's Official.

Postby Rob Ruff » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:25 am

Another convert! Glad to hear you decided to give it a go. I too was high sticking with western rods. Tenkara definitely does allow you to approach the small creeks and streams in a different manner, unencumbered with all the gear that goes with a western setup. I took one of my tenkara rods backpacking with me in New Mexico last year. My whole fish catching kit weighed 7 ounces :lol:. That included the rod, two lines, one tippet spool, a small fly box, forceps/nippers and my license. It was very effective catching unpressured fish in the high mountain streams.
Rob Ruff

Return to Tenkara Rods