Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Hi, New member from Edinburgh

Re: Hi, New member from Edinburgh

Postby leckie » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:16 am

ConorUK,
I will get out more and post some reviews like you say even if its short and sweet. I will be primarily fishing the Rivers; North Esk, South Esk, Tyne and Water of Leith. Most of these rivers although in themselves are not all that big, they have numerous little tributaries running into then....yep STREAMS :o
I've never fished anything as small as a stream before..well not since I was a kid, but I intend to give this a serious try this coming season....roll on. :)
I have created another thread that I will use to record my tenkara experiences. ;)

leckie
leckie

Postby leckie » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:39 pm

The Water of Leith is 2 miles from my office.....it takes 10 minutes to get there by car...city traffic...just need to grin and bare it. I suppose the good news for me is that fishing at lunchtime is a possibility...hold that result...it's a definite..so I'll post some photos of the river and fish when the season starts on 1 April. :)

tight lines

leckie
leckie

Postby leckie » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:32 pm

I am fishing my way upstream on the River North Esk. I'll eventually make my way up to Roslin Country Park...now for some of you Dan Brown fans, the name of Roslin might conjure up some vague memories...that's because he made the Roslin Chapel famous in his international best seller the Da Vinci Code. :o
Wonder if Dan tried a bit of fly fishing on the River North Esk when he was over researching material for his book.....you never know :roll:

tight lines

leckie
leckie

Postby DNicolson » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:41 am

I thought you might like to see the Water of Leith, right in the centre of Edinburgh,
about ten minutes walk from Princes Street, the main shopping street.

Donald Nicolson Scotland

http://donaldnicolson.webplus.net/

DNicolson

Postby TJ @ Tenkara USA » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:45 am

DNicolson wrote:I thought you might like to see the Water of Leith, right in the centre of Edinburgh,
about ten minutes walk from Princes Street, the main shopping street.

Wow, send me on a vacation there. Looks wonderful!

tj
Tenkara USA, Director of Customer Service

Tenkara Junkie - Tenkarajankī
Now sporting all of the Tenkara USA Rods!
TJ @ Tenkara USA

Postby leckie » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:44 am

DNicolson,

Thanks for posting the photo of the Water of Leith. I fish this water as well as the North and South Esk. The WOL is a lovely little river with lots of nice runs and pools as your photo shows. I can't wait till the season starts on 1 April and get my permit...and the good thing about that is the permit is FREE. The City of Edinburgh Council stock the river annually with brown trout but last year I caught one over 2lbs in weight (released unharmed) but I think the fish they put in are too big for a river of this size.....more smaller fish around 8" would be better I think...they grow quite quickly anyway....don't know what your views are :?:

I'll record on this forum my outings with some photos to whet folks appetites :lol:

Alex
leckie

Postby callum » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi Leckie,
I'm just across the Forth in Fife and have just "taken the plunge" and bought my Tenkara outfit. Tomorrow is the big day it gets its first outing. I fish the Leven and the Eden then head north to Sutherland in the summer. My daughter lives in your neck of the woods so I'll have to combine a bit of fishing with a trip over to see her.
I do enjoy your posts - very encouraging for a novice.

Fingers crossed.

Callum
callum

Postby leckie » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:19 am

Callum,

Drop me a PM next time you are visiting your daughter and I might be able to manage a couple of hours on the river with you.

tight lines

Alex
leckie

Previous

Return to Tenkara UK