Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

My First "real" outing of 2017

Going fishing? Take a tenkara angler :) Or take a western fly-angler, show them tenkara fly-fishing, and brag about how you caught 5x more fish than they did (if they didn't take your tenkara rod from you that is).

My First "real" outing of 2017

Postby TJ @ Tenkara USA » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:06 am

In Northern California with so much rain this year, and tons of snow, creeks and rivers are running full and fast, so my start to fishing season has been slow.

Finally went out for a trip this last Monday and had a pleasant time about 2.5 hours from home up in the eastern side of the Sierra's.

In 2 hours of fishing caught 6 brownies and came home happy. So not bad for a real first trip of 2017 where I said I would travel to fish and fish I did.

Couple weeks before that I hit a local river for maybe 45 minutes but was not a full fledged trip and although I caught my 1st trout of 2017 on that trip, I only fished a short time so needed more.

I may fish again this coming Monday but until then, hope your 2017 is going well. Mine has started slow in terms of getting out and fishing because of the raging waters but the trip I did was a good one so I am excited.

TJ
Attachments
TurkeyNeck#1.JPG
TurkeyNeck#2.JPG
Brownie#1.JPG
Brownie#2.JPG
Brownie#4.JPG
Tenkara USA, Director of Customer Service

Tenkara Junkie - Tenkarajankī
Now sporting all of the Tenkara USA Rods!
TJ @ Tenkara USA

Return to Outings and Gatherings