Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

October in Colorado and New Mexico

Going fishing? Take a tenkara angler :) Or take a western fly-angler, show them tenkara fly-fishing, and brag about how you caught 5x more fish than they did (if they didn't take your tenkara rod from you that is).

October in Colorado and New Mexico

Postby drown » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:19 am

I'm flying back to the US for three weeks for a conference in Colorado Springs this October. I'm planning on doing some fishing when I'm there. The only time I've been fishing in Colorado was for the TUSA summit last year when I only fished RMNP. So I'm pretty much a newbie to the state. I'll be spending a few days in Cuchara near Pueblo and then have 6 days where I'd like to explore the southern half of Colorado or maybe head into Northern New Mexico. I'm looking for suggestions for some good places for Tenkara (small, high gradient mountain streams, pocket water), and native trout. I realize October is a bit late. I'll be there 9-29, but this is when I'm there. I'll have camping and backpacking gear, but no 4WD vehicle.The first half of my trip I'm spending nearly a week in RMNP and Indian Peaks so not planning on heading back that way during the second half. Anything accessible from Colorado Springs would be useful as there will be breaks during the day when I'm there also. It's my only stateside fishing in 2016 so I'm grateful for any suggestions that will make it memorable.
drown

Re: October in Colorado and New Mexico

Postby rsetina » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:37 pm

I was hoping to see some replies on this. I'll be I'm Missouri in October for my son's wedding and we'll have two weeks to drive home and fish. We want to fish Utah's Provo River but we were thinking of fish Colorado too. Not sure about the weather though.
Rick

テンカラ。小さなストリームのシンプルさ。
My Tenkara Rods:
13' Ayu, 12' Yamame, 11' with a conversion handle, and an Ito.

My Wife's Tenkara Rods:
12' Ebisu and 13.5' Amago, 12' Iwana with a conversion handle, and an Ito.
rsetina

Return to Outings and Gatherings