Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

BPL Hane with Iwana labeling.

No more need for your reel or western fly-rod? This is the place to dispose of it!
If you're making unique tenkara gear PLEASE CONTACT US by email before posting! Sales of used Tenkara USA rods okay but not of other brands.
Forum rules - If selling tenkara gear, you'll need authorization from us by email - this is only open to individuals with a unique and complimentary product. The forum is not open for sales by companies. Requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Tenkara USA is NOT responsible for any conflicts or problems arising from sales via the forum, and will NOT become involved, mediate or interfere should any problems arise. Transactions are conducted between buyer and seller, and we expect honest transactions between individuals.
- Tenkara USA reserves the right to discontinue sales of any product offered by users via our online forum, for any reason and without notice.

BPL Hane with Iwana labeling.

Postby mikeywill » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:29 pm

happy good day to all,

i have a BPL Hane with 11' Iwana labeling. the rod, which has 10 section from handle to tip, is in great shape except that I am missing section #7. i'm posting here in the hope of one of three things happening:

a) someone has an extra section #7 for this rod they'd like to sell.
b) someone would like to buy the parts i have (including the brand new tipset).
or,
c) someone would like to talk about a trade of some sort.

thanks and have a good one,

-mike
be excellent to one another.
mikeywill

Re: BPL Hane with Iwana labeling.

Postby ravs4fun » Sun May 05, 2013 9:00 pm

PM Sent. I am interested in your BPL Hane rod if it's still available. Thank you.
ravs4fun

Postby mikeywill » Wed May 08, 2013 5:00 pm

still hoping to find section seven or to sell or trade what i have.
mikeywill

Postby mikeywill » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:44 pm

anyone? anyone? bueller?
mikeywill

Postby jd_smith » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:43 pm

I would have expected T USA to have the spare piece. No?
<{(((((><{

"The reverse side also has a reverse side"
jd_smith

Postby TJ @ Tenkara USA » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:34 pm

JD, since the Hane was a special run for one vendor a very long time ago, we only have tipsets for this rod. Tj
Tenkara USA, Director of Customer Service

Tenkara Junkie - Tenkarajankī
Now sporting all of the Tenkara USA Rods!
TJ @ Tenkara USA

Postby jd_smith » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:02 pm

TJ @ Tenkara USA wrote:JD, since the Hane was a special run for one vendor a very long time ago, we only have tipsets for this rod. Tj

Ah I see. It was a long shot, because I know that BPL only had them for about a year maybe a year and a half. It definitely is the rarest of all the TenkaraUSA rods. That's one rod we just don't see up for resale often. It seems that those who have 'em aren't letting them go. I can only remember one in the last 3 years up for sale.

I do know where you can get 9 spare pieces though. haha!
<{(((((><{

"The reverse side also has a reverse side"
jd_smith

Postby adventureR » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:41 am

Something I haven't done but surely will do with rod parts when no replacements are available is make a Frankenstein rod. Just to resurrect broken rods. There's examples of this in the Japanese pages. One way or another parts could be added that fit with glue or cutting, even perfectly sized. Could accidentally make a great fishing rod.
¿ <•,^~~<
adventureR

Postby tvdavis » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:36 pm

adventureR wrote:Something I haven't done but surely will do with rod parts when no replacements are available is make a Frankenstein rod. Just to resurrect broken rods. There's examples of this in the Japanese pages. One way or another parts could be added that fit with glue or cutting, even perfectly sized. Could accidentally make a great fishing rod.

I too have a "Frankenrod". This rod has the original lower 4 sections but the upper 3 sections are replacement sections from a different rod and different company. They fit perfectly and make a really nice rod.

I don't know it that could be done with damonmichaels BPL Hane though.
tvdavis

Postby mikeywill » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:19 pm

thanks for the replies y'all. the "frankenrod" approach has always been in the back of my mind and your posts have inspired me to try. i was fortunate to come into a number of older models (even a kawa 11'/12'/13'), half of which are in one state of disrepair or another. i just want to do it right if ya know what i mean.
mikeywill

Next

Return to Marketplace