Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

Freeing stuck segments

How to properly care and maintain the rod. <b>Rule #1- always push pieces straight in when closing the rod, NO SIDEWAY PRESSURE....</b>, etc.

Freeing stuck segments

Postby Daniel @ Tenkara USA » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:23 pm

While Dr. Ishigaki was visiting he showed us a very cool method for freeing two segments that are stuck on a tenkara rod (or any telescopic rod). It's very simple, and effective, particularly if you have pieces that are stuck very tight or one of the thinner segments is stuck. I still recommend the tapping method in the field or for most cases as that will normally take care of most cases. However, the rubber band should be used if you have a very hard time freeing the pieces:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpRn5SLgRrA
Daniel @ Tenkara USA
Site Admin

Re: Freeing stuck segments

Postby Wupperfischer » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:43 pm

Simple but ingenious.
Wupperfischer

Postby eagles » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:04 am

I thought I had postd a reply but it seems to be gone . I am a little confused on this . The clip shows this being performed on a rod that has been taken apart . So , are you saying in the field if this occurs to place the rubber band arround the rod just above the handle section and have the but of handle being the part of the rod that impacts on a flat surface to free the pieces aboe it ? I was just not sure why the demo was not shown on a complete rod instead of one that was taken all apart. Thanks.
eagles

Postby CM_Stewart » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:28 pm

There are two "freeing stuck segments" threads. Your question and my answer are in the other one.
CM_Stewart

Return to Gear Maintenance