Sign In | Sign Up to Shop/Forum

2 Segments stuck within larger segment

How to properly care and maintain the rod. <b>Rule #1- always push pieces straight in when closing the rod, NO SIDEWAY PRESSURE....</b>, etc.

2 Segments stuck within larger segment

Postby LBahin » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:25 am

Opened up my new ITO rod after it arrived a few days ago. I was indoors and did not introduce any moisture or debris.

After fully extending the segments, I then retracted them. However, I was unable to return each segment to its original retracted position. I found that the tip segment and the next smaller segment have become stuck side by side within the next (3rd from the top?) segment.

I tried the tapping method to dislodge them, but they are stuck, and flush with the bottom of the larger segment. I don't want to use forceps or other tools for fear of damaging the stuck segments.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
LBahin

Re: 2 Segments stuck within larger segment

Postby John @ Tenkara USA » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:03 am

Hi LBahin,

Glad we could help you out on the phone, but thought I would answer here too in case others were wondering. Once sections get jammed together side by side inside another section, they can be very difficult to remove. Sometimes they can be pushed through with some sort of punch, but usually we just have to send out replacement sections.

For this or any other issues with Tenkara USA rods, please feel free to email us at info@tenkarausa.com or call us at 888 483 6527.

John
Tenkara USA
John Geer at Tenkara USA
John @ Tenkara USA

Re: 2 Segments stuck within larger segment

Postby mbolson » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:33 am

I saw this at the Orvis store at Park Meadows, Denver. I suggested they send in back to TUSA for a replacement,
Iwana 12'
Ito
Rhodo
Sato
Yamame

"When given the choice of 'A' or 'B' always pick 'C'"
mbolson

Return to Gear Maintenance